Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: No sound out of headphone

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I've been using the Hercules RMX panel for 2 weeks now, but there's 1 problem with it. When I plug in the headphone on the top of the panel, or even at the front, no sound comes out of it.

So i cant prelisten any song, I have to do everything by feeling, which obviously sucks. I have tried everything but it simply doesn't work.

So can anyone please help me..

geposted Mon 01 Sep 08 @ 2:43 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
What sound settings are you using in the config menu in VDJ?

geposted Mon 01 Sep 08 @ 2:47 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

TearEmUp wrote :

What sound settings are you using in the config menu in VDJ?

and have you got the latest driver package from the hercules website or are you using the ones of the installation disc.

You can get the latest drivers form here

geposted Mon 01 Sep 08 @ 2:49 pm
This caught me out with the RMX a while back, in your sound setup you are likely to have it set to Output: Single output, Soundcard: RMX. Change the output to headphones.

Denzel

geposted Mon 01 Sep 08 @ 3:57 pm
My settings are:
output -> headphones
soundcart -> 4.1
where the master sound comes out of my speakers plugged into my pc

I just need to prelisten the songs, but i guess the connection of the headphone is busted or somekind
and yes ive downloaded the latest driver

geposted Wed 03 Sep 08 @ 12:05 pm
Are you running in ASIO or WDM mode?

geposted Wed 03 Sep 08 @ 12:07 pm
WDM

geposted Wed 03 Sep 08 @ 12:17 pm
Do not select the 4.1 soundcard option. Select the RMX option. Also, make sure you have auto headphone selected in the options tab in the config menu.....

geposted Wed 03 Sep 08 @ 12:24 pm
yes, but then the sound only comes out of my headphone and not my speakers

geposted Wed 03 Sep 08 @ 12:27 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
In the RMX control panel, are both channel volume sliders all the way to the top, or not muted!

Can you post a image of your setting in the Sound setup tab

geposted Wed 03 Sep 08 @ 12:41 pm
Did you try using the 1/4 inch jacks on the RMX?

geposted Wed 03 Sep 08 @ 12:42 pm
No everything works fine, I just cant prelisten. Maybe its the connection thats busted.

geposted Wed 03 Sep 08 @ 2:36 pm
OK,,try one last thing please..there are two jacks for headphone use on the RMX..try the top one, then the bottom....by default if you plug into the top..the front turns off....

geposted Wed 03 Sep 08 @ 2:39 pm
Nope, doesn't work either
thnx for the help anyway

I'll just work without it

geposted Wed 03 Sep 08 @ 2:51 pm
The_harderstylez wrote :
Nope, doesn't work either
thnx for the help anyway

I'll just work without it

disable the crossfader in your settings

geposted Wed 03 Sep 08 @ 7:43 pm
I spoke with hercules on this, you need to go to your Herculese control icon and you HAVE to run ASIO mode, you can not run it in WMD mode. And I had to disable my other sound card as well. They said that in some cases you have to do that. Good Luck!

geposted Fri 05 Sep 08 @ 12:44 am
The_harderstylez wrote :
My settings are:
output -> headphones
soundcart -> 4.1
where the master sound comes out of my speakers plugged into my pc

I just need to prelisten the songs, but i guess the connection of the headphone is busted or somekind
and yes ive downloaded the latest driver

Aha , just read this thread again and paying attention now! If you had the output set to 4.1 and the soundcard set to your systems standard sound device then no sound is being fed to the RMX. You have two options:
1. Unplug your speakers from your system and plug them into the outputs of the RMX instead (you may need adapters whatever to make them fit), and then in your output tab select soundcard:RMX outputchannels:Master 1/2 - Headphones 3/4.

2. Alternatively if for some reason you want to keep you speakers coming from your system, in the soundcard setup choose 2 cards, select your system's soundcard as as the first one, and then the rmx as the second. Warning about this method is that when you select two cards, I don't think you can then dictate which channels are used as output on the RMX (I cant find any settings to change this) so the headphone preview will be coming out of the main channel 1/2 output on the RMX instead of the proper headphone out.

Give this and go and let me knoe how you get on.

Denzel

geposted Sat 06 Sep 08 @ 4:45 am
I personally have experimented with doing this and I'm going to tell you this right now, having your PC speakers that are plugged in to your PC/Laptop playing the music while using your headphones to preview will not work. I've tried every setting and for some reason the RMX will not play nice. My recommendation is to get a cheap set of studio speakers to plug into the 1/4, RCA outputs on the RMX.

geposted Sat 06 Sep 08 @ 11:03 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)