Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Hercules MK1 with Mac?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Has anyone had any success getting the original Hercusles DJ console (mk1) to work with a Mac?

I have the latest VDJ install on my MBP and currently run bootcamp so I can use the DJ consolse in Windows. I'd like to be able to use it in OS X.5, and I understand they have a mac version but was interested if anyone knew a way to make this work?

Thanks!

geposted Thu 04 Sep 08 @ 11:29 pm
For some reason, with the MkI, Hercules made 2 different versions of the hardware. The Mac & PC versions are NOT interchangeable, even with the firmware. With the MKII, the hardware became the same, with different firmware.

If you had the Mac MkI, you could MIDI map some of the controls, but you'd still be doing a lot of the controls with the key commands & skin buttons. I did do it before I got my Total Control, but couldn't stand it. Now, when I use VDJ, ol' Herc serves as my soundcard only.

geposted Sat 06 Sep 08 @ 2:14 pm
Thanks, that kind of stinks. I guess I'm just going to buy the maya44 sound card and use VDJ and my external mixer alone. This way I should be able to output to two channels and use the mixer to pre listen and fade.

geposted Tue 09 Sep 08 @ 9:37 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)