Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Is anyone using a HP laptop?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

DJ_RagePRO InfinityMember since 2006
I was just wondering,

Is anyone running VDJ on any HP laptops? and if so, what model do you use? I currently have a pavillion ze5375US and these are the specs:

Processor Intel Pentium 4 Processor 2.4GHz
Processor Cache 512KB (L2)
Memory 512MB DDR SDRAM (2 x 256MB) at 266MHz
Memory Max Maximum Memory 1024MB DDR SDRAM (2 x 512MB)
Video Graphics ATI MOBILITY RADEON; 4X AGP 3D architecture
Video Memory 64MB DDR SDRAM (shared)
Display 15.0-inch XGA TFT (1024 x 768) display
Wireless Connectivity Integrated 802.11b wireless LAN
Sound 16-bit Sound Blaster Pro-compatible audio
External Ports

* Three Universal Serial Bus (USB) 2.0
* One Parallel (25-pin)
* One VGA (15-pin)
* One TV-Out (S-video)
* One RJ -45 (LAN)
* One IEEE 1394 (firewire)
* One IR

Here is the problem, I am having a tough time getting video to work the way it is supposed to. There are loading issues and sound dropouts.
I have done all the tweaking I can think of doing but noting seems to work. However before anyone replies "upgrade the memory" it is already on the way. I will be maxing it out at 1GB and we'll see what that does. I am just looking for someone that is running a similar laptop to play video and what they done to get it there. Also, the other specs that aren't listed are as follows:

Maya 5.1 USB soundcard
DAC - 2 controller
SVGA projector (infocus)
Pioneer DJM 3000 mixer
CDJ 1000 MKII's
BBE 842i Proccessor
JVC GR-DVL815U DV camera (connected by firewire sometimes) for remote video

I have read the specs/requirements for VDJ but I still can't seem to get video to run smoothly.. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all!
DJ Rage

geposted Fri 05 Sep 08 @ 12:24 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
That system is way under powered for video. My Sony VAIO has the same specs and it is now my music only system.

Video minimums -- 2Gb RAM and 256Mb Dedicated Video RAM -- those are the bare minimum, anything else is just going to help more

geposted Fri 05 Sep 08 @ 1:38 am
DJ_RagePRO InfinityMember since 2006
cstoll wrote :
That system is way under powered for video. My Sony VAIO has the same specs and it is now my music only system.

Video minimums -- 2Gb RAM and 256Mb Dedicated Video RAM -- those are the bare minimum, anything else is just going to help more

Aha! that figures. When at the International DJ Expo two years ago everything was great for running video nowadays you hafta spend 4,000.00 for a good enough laptop to do what is needed. and another 1,500 for a usb mixer. Heck I might as well go out and buy a Pioneer SVM-1000 for that price and a pair of DVJ-1000's.... (note* prices listed below are rounded to nearest hundred $)

Price for VDJ rig = $8,900.00

Price for Manual Hardware = $10,000.00

for an additional $1,100.00 it seems the best way to go is with pioneer. Not that I am bashing VDJ. It just seems that the most cost effective way to do video is the hardware route. Although, I have to admit it was a decent way to have 6 decks at one time (which is great for drum & bass).

Thanks for the input Cstoll, it was VERY enlightening.

geposted Fri 05 Sep 08 @ 3:08 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Well you can get those specs in a machine for lest than $2000

And things change with time especially in the world of computers
-- your system can do it, it will be very sluggish and almost unbearable...

DJ_Rage wrote :
nowadays you hafta spend 4,000.00 for a good enough laptop to do what is needed. and another 1,500 for a usb mixer.

That would be called SSL+Video not VirtualDJ

geposted Fri 05 Sep 08 @ 10:25 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)