Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: I keep getting write errors about virtual dj database

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

rjd137PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Ok for the last 2 weeks or so I’ve been getting system error popup down on the bottom task bar that says delayed write error in virtual database v5.xml file could not be written to. This could be because your system is in safe mode please restart your computer. All data has been lost. And then the little pop up goes away and the system "vdj" crashes. Any idea what this is from

geposted Sun 07 Sep 08 @ 8:03 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Is it an external HD ?

geposted Sun 07 Sep 08 @ 11:34 am
Yes its a external 1 tb, just about full.

geposted Sun 07 Sep 08 @ 9:18 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
well that would be a good indicator, if the system does not have enough space to right in then you will start to experience problems with a hard drive - regardless of what the application is. Move a few files off the drive for a test and I am sure the problem will go away. Sounds like it's time to invest in more storage.

geposted Sun 07 Sep 08 @ 10:42 pm
Thanks, The drive does have 6.5 gb free right now, and in the error log there are about 10 messages there that say that the virtual dj xml file on the external could be corrupt, to do a disk check and that might fix the error’s in the file. Yesterday I did a check disc on it “the external drive” and it took about 15 hours to do, now I’m doing a disk cleanup I started too seconds after the other check was done at about 10pm yesterday and the progress bar as of 6:30 am this morning has only moved 2 blocks. ya know the little squares that turn blue as it goes.... so this one might take a while. Lol could there be anything ease it could be. How can I repair the file if what I’m doing doesn’t fix it?

Another question. When connecting an external drive to a pc and the drive starts to auto play "load" is that something you have to let it do or is this something I can hit cancel to.

geposted Mon 08 Sep 08 @ 5:28 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

I always do a disk clean up and defrag, once a week, on both of my drives. If you keep on top of it, it normally only takes a few minutes :)

rjd137 wrote :

Another question. When connecting an external drive to a pc and the drive starts to auto play "load" is that something you have to let it do or is this something I can hit cancel to.

I always let it do it's then. There maybe a option to stop it from doing the autoplay thing, but it doesn't really bother me enough to find it.

geposted Mon 08 Sep 08 @ 11:16 am
jimmy b wrote :

I always do a disk clean up and defrag, once a week, on both of my drives. If you keep on top of it, it normally only takes a few minutes :)

rjd137 wrote :

I always let it do it's then. There maybe a option to stop it from doing the autoplay thing, but it doesn't really bother me enough to find it.

There is a way to stop it. I think (it's been awhile) that once your drive is recognized, right-click the drive letter in My Computer, click Properties, and change the settings on the autoplay tab. This is how it works in XP, anyway.

geposted Mon 08 Sep 08 @ 10:25 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)