Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Adding Cover Art work.

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Ok, so I'm trying to add the Cover Art work... I open up a track that I know has an album graphic available. I mean, it was recognized with the associated graphic when I ripped it to the PC.

I right click on the track in the browser. I click on "File Infos". I then click on the empty "Cover" block. I see that there is a graphic available for me to use under the "Local WMP database". I click on it, nothing. I right click on it, nothing. I try to drag it, nothing.

Why can't I select that graphic from the Local WMP database?

VDJ lets me use the google graphic or the Attached file, but not the WMP database file.

Any help would be appreciated.

geposted Mon 08 Sep 08 @ 11:07 pm
I think I fixed it.

I'm using Windows Media Player to rip my CD collection to my new computer. At first I tried downloading them as .WAV files and using the "Download no matter what" in the Browser tab of the Settings box. This didn't work. Title, album, Artist info was all on the Title line. A total mess.

I decided to use an underscore instead of a space in the naming of the files as they ripped. No dice. Tried it the same with MP3 as the format and it worked, as long as I used "Local Search Only" in the Browser Tab of the Settings box.

Looks like it's easier to get the Album cover art this way.

Hopes this helps somebody...

geposted Wed 10 Sep 08 @ 1:09 am
I'll piggyback, with a related question:

I'm presently using 5.1. I've been using itunes to add album artwork, manually. It is an incredibly tedious process. I have around 300 files now with artwork manually embedded into the id3 tag. At first, I couldn't to get VDJ to "see" the artwork, which frustrated me, because itunes saw it, and even Windows Media Player saw it. I went to "file info." in Virtual D.J. and found multiple options for adding artwork to work in VDJ. One of the options is from "tag" - once I selected this, it worked! Do I have to do this for EVERY SINGLE FILE INDIVIDUALLY, or is there a way to select "from tag" for all files?

Also, if anyone has tips on making the process of adding cover art to id3 tags easier and faster, I'm interested.

geposted Tue 07 Oct 08 @ 12:06 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
SteveSharp wrote :
Also, if anyone has tips on making the process of adding cover art to id3 tags easier and faster, I'm interested.

There was a plugin for this Steve, don't I know if it still there. I tried it but I could never get my head around it mate.

It's just a long and boring process, and I don't think there is a way of speeding it up :(

geposted Tue 07 Oct 08 @ 12:29 am
Thanks Jimmy.

Is there a way to get VDJ to use the covers embedded in the id3 tags, by default, instead of having to "activate" this preference, one file at a time?

geposted Tue 07 Oct 08 @ 8:58 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
SteveSharp wrote :
Thanks Jimmy.

Is there a way to get VDJ to use the covers embedded in the id3 tags, by default, instead of having to "activate" this preference, one file at a time?

Go to the config/Browser and you have four options there Steve...see if one of those is what your looking for...

geposted Tue 07 Oct 08 @ 9:09 am
If there were a choice among those, labelled "use id3 tag" I'd be set. Should I post in "wish list" for this?

geposted Tue 07 Oct 08 @ 12:29 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Sure Steve, ;-) thats what it is there for....

geposted Tue 07 Oct 08 @ 12:51 pm
I have some .wma files that VDJ shows as having available "Local WMP database" cover artwork in the "Change cover artwork" dialog box, but I can not select the artwork.

WTF?

This needs to get fixed.

I don't think it's got squat to do with the tracks/files being DRM protected. VDJ is clearly displaying the WMP graphic as available. Why not allow it to be selected so it can be seen in in the Coverflow?

This makes no sense at all...

geposted Tue 21 Oct 08 @ 7:38 pm
Wow. This issue still isn't fixed...

Why can't I select the attached "ID3 tag" or "Attached Files" for my .wma files' cover artwork?

This needs to get fixed....

geposted Sun 03 May 09 @ 6:56 am
PjoppenHome userMember since 2009
I'll piggyback, with a related question:

I'm presently using 5.1. I've been using itunes to add album artwork, manually. It is an incredibly tedious process. I have around 300 files now with artwork manually embedded into the id3 tag. At first, I couldn't to get VDJ to "see" the artwork, which frustrated me, because itunes saw it, and even Windows Media Player saw it. I went to "file info." in Virtual D.J. and found multiple options for adding artwork to work in VDJ. One of the options is from "tag" - once I selected this, it worked! Do I have to do this for EVERY SINGLE FILE INDIVIDUALLY, or is there a way to select "from tag" for all files?

I wonder the same, is it possible to do it easer and faster?

geposted Mon 27 Jul 09 @ 6:07 pm
I have a question.

I have album artwork in various file formats on my computer. Is there a way I can add that to my the music I have on my browser?

geposted Sat 31 Oct 09 @ 9:22 am
12 days to the 2 year anniversary of this post. Still not fixed.

geposted Fri 27 Aug 10 @ 6:16 am
CadDogPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Sounds like you aren't happy with VDJ...

Are you still using .WAV files...???

I haven't used those for more that 10 years now...

I hope you get your answer soon...

I'm new here so that do I know but maybe telling how I do it may help...

I use audiograbber:
http://www.audiograbber.org/

I may sure that my tags are 2.3 or better...

I open VDJ and it finds the art for me...

Again, I hope this helps

geposted Fri 27 Aug 10 @ 4:18 pm
CadDog wrote :
Sounds like you aren't happy with VDJ...

Are you still using .WAV files...???

I haven't used those for more that 10 years now...

I hope you get your answer soon...

I'm new here so that do I know but maybe telling how I do it may help...

I use audiograbber:
http://www.audiograbber.org/

I may sure that my tags are 2.3 or better...

I open VDJ and it finds the art for me...

Again, I hope this helps

No, I'm very happy with VDJ.

No, I don't use WAV files. I only have one album that is WAV, they take up so much space compared to MP3s.

Thanks for your help.

geposted Sat 28 Aug 10 @ 12:44 am
I find the easiest wat to add cover is with windows media player
open the album in WMP let it find the cover in the WMP website

Easies way to fix the covers issue
EDIT THE XML File

get an xml editor (free download in many of them)

VDJ must BE CLOSE

- open the file (VirtualDJ Local Database)
- look for it the song name in the xml
- delete the description line
- save and close the xml

NOW open VDJ and presto your NEW cover will load in the database

geposted Sat 03 May 14 @ 5:58 pm
Please don't bump old threads like this.

This can now be done within Virtual DJ. No need for anything else.

CLOSED

geposted Sat 03 May 14 @ 6:10 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)