Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Key Problem - All my detected key's seem to be minor

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi Guys!

Does anyone know why my VDUJ 5.2-1 has scanned all my files and thinks all the tunes are in a minor key - e.g. Em, Am, etc.... These isn't one in a major key.

Cheers!

Rob

geposted Tue 09 Sep 08 @ 6:46 am
It's a flaw all key detection software has. (at least the 2 I've used)

It's irritating I agree

geposted Tue 09 Sep 08 @ 7:29 pm
DJ Marcel_1 wrote :
It's a flaw all key detection software has. (at least the 2 I've used)

It's irritating I agree

So basically Ureliable then. I thought there was a problem right enough. I play keyboards and noticed songs that I played with a band were out as well....

No fix for this then??

Rob

geposted Wed 10 Sep 08 @ 12:55 pm
No, but if you read around this forums you'll be told that your keys are fine and Mixed in Key's are wrong....

It's annoying. I don't know why the proper keys can't be detected. Why include a feature if it obvious doesn't work right?

geposted Thu 11 Sep 08 @ 12:40 pm
If you know how to transpose keys then you can use the key detection.

ex A MAJ = F#m; Am = C MAJ and so forth.

Knowing how to play an instrument really helps in this case. (I play guitar)

But then you have to take time to learn the songs basic chord structure to allow for transposing.

So far none of the key detection software (that I know of) can tell the difference between major and minor keys.

geposted Thu 11 Sep 08 @ 12:59 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Marcel - you are absolutely right that none of the applications out there are able to detect the keys 100%

But when you use a key detection program what is important is that you use 1 program for everything that way there is consistency in what is detected. So if you are using Mixed-in-Key then stay with it for everything. However; when the key detection was added to VirtualDJ it was compared to the other applications - Mixed-in-Key, MixShare's Rapid Evolution, etc. And what was determined is that VirtualDJ was more accurate in finding the key than the other applications. So, is it broken - No. Is it better than the rest - Yes.

geposted Thu 11 Sep 08 @ 6:17 pm
DJ Marcel_1 wrote :
If you know how to transpose keys then you can use the key detection.

ex A MAJ = F#m; Am = C MAJ and so forth.

Knowing how to play an instrument really helps in this case. (I play guitar)

But then you have to take time to learn the songs basic chord structure to allow for transposing.

So far none of the key detection software (that I know of) can tell the difference between major and minor keys.

So are you saying that if the program has detected the key as Am the song is actually in C maj? Or Em would be Gmaj, Bm - Dmaj?? Is it really detecting the relative minor for each major chord??

If this is the case i'll be fine...

I can't see why that couldn't be fixed!

geposted Thu 11 Sep 08 @ 9:05 pm
I'm not sure if that's the case.

But what I am saying is those are some relative minors of the major chords. I use the key detection in this way and it's not always perfect. but it's okay

geposted Thu 11 Sep 08 @ 9:28 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)