Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Im confused and lost.

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi there, im just wondering is it possible to buy vdj version 4.2 for mac? i had a copy of that on my old laptop and i loved it. I liked the way you had to drag and drop the songs rather than your entire collection going on it etc. Truthfully vdj 4.2 professional would float my wee boat. Or will i have to install bootcamp and run it from there? Im not going to be using timecodes and i will be using a bcd3000 as the controller. Any help would be greatly appreciated. cheers Iain.

geposted Tue 09 Sep 08 @ 4:19 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004

geposted Tue 09 Sep 08 @ 4:22 pm
So just to confirm before i go and spend a heap of money.... Is it possible to still drag and drop music? Also how stable is the mac version? I had no problems with my pc but having read a lot of post on here just now now it doesnt seem promising for mac.

geposted Tue 09 Sep 08 @ 4:50 pm
In mac if u want to drag or drop from itunes, u can't but if it on the desktop u can;) (If this what u mean)

It is stable n in fact it is far more better than the first release. I use my VDJ on my mac osx during my set in the gig. However if u need to use timescodes on mac, u need to have the numark virtual vinyl box or the herc rmx atm;)

What mac do u have and what are u trying to achieve?

Also dun forget that once u purchased VDJ, u get the pc version too.. (VDJ can be installed on 1pc/1mac or 2 mac or 2 pc) and ur status will a registered user and u can get access to the skins n plugins etc;)

Regards.

geposted Tue 09 Sep 08 @ 5:09 pm
I dont really like having to format playlists in itunes, much prefer them to be stand alone in the software only seperate from my listening music. I have a macbook 2.16ghz 2gb ram just want the old version of vdj that i had on my pc. so that i can mix using my bcd3000. The version of vdj i had on xp was really stable and i have played lots of clubs and raves with it would be great to get that on my new mac.

geposted Tue 09 Sep 08 @ 5:35 pm
Yes u can certainly do it from the software alone (VDJ). The new version is better and it support more controller and soundcards than v4.3 where u could only use numark virtual vinyl box for timescodes. Ur macbook is good enough for audio and simple video so no worry there;)

geposted Tue 09 Sep 08 @ 5:43 pm
HiTowerPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Confused... I think you're asking if you can just buy ver 4.2. To be honest, I don't think you can. It may be possible to buy the current version and try to contact VDJ support for the later version. I've used ver 4.x and in my applications, I find the current version better than the earlier version. I don't remember for sure, but I don't think Mac ver 4.x supported the BCD 3000. I own the 3000 and it works with the current version. But (there's always a but!), it is not a perfect match. For whatever reason, the mapping for the cue and play button are backwards. Not that big of a deal once you figure it out, but it is an issue. Also, the headphone and mic doesn't work, and the effect buttons aren't configured correctly. Since I bought the thing to use as a controller with my external mixer, these issues didn't really effect me, but they are there. You can't use it for timecode, and I never did find a way to configure the sound outputs to use it as a stand alone controller. But like I said, I use an external mixer, so these issues didn't effect me. Personally, I would recommend a different controller. After all the problems with the 3000 (specifically lack of timecode support) I decided to go with the Hercules RMX controller, and I'm much happier with this device. I would certainly recommend this over the 3000. Hope this was some help for you. Good luck!

geposted Tue 09 Sep 08 @ 9:46 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)