Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: optimum settings for latency etc.in VV with timecodes. for scratching video on mac

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi all, running NVV 5 on a mac book pro and im using screen mimic (thanks skyfxl) to record outputted video so can do some scratching and record the effects to video. I then put the recorded material into Final Cut and edit further. Im have just gone out and bought new stylus (concorde blue) and brand new TC vinyl's as others were wearing down and felt ready to roll. The massive problem im encountering is that cpu power spikes up and down to full a lot, even when NOT recording or even using the 2ndary screen mimic program. If i lighlty manipulate the video TC then the VV can keep up but if i pull the vinyl even slowly backwards the video does not like it or the VV loses position freezes glitches and then tries to catch up. Infuriating! doesn't seem to be very responsive in terms of video scratching.this is the main part of my project using new technology to manipulate video in new ways. I didnt think that i would have processing power issues with a mbp with upgraded ram and also 20gig headroom on hd space. If anyone can advise the optimum settings for working with video in this way then i would appreciate it. The main thing is as soon as i wind it back (even very delicately) at all on the TC it just cant cope :-( im not too fussed about sound quality just want to be able to see the video manipulated back and forth smoothly. I have been scratching for years and years so dont think im hammering it because the hand movements on the vinyl are quite subtle and my cross fader fingers are where the real work is being done.

I beleive this could be a combo of wrong set up inside config for either latency etc and all those bits, or even wrong format of video being used. I have got FCP and compresser and visual hub to mould whetever video into whatever format, perhaps this is the problem. I cut up bruce lee's big boss in FCP into a 30 sec multiple scratch clippets, exported to QT and turned it into MP4 format and tried AVI thinking that a small file size would be less strain on the system rather than cueing points in the entire film file (as the whole thing would have to be loaded into VV rather than just a clippet) not sure which was better, perhaps its a frame rate problem? i dunno?!! feel a bit lost in this area of whats best setting inside VV and whats best video format to be using inside VV for these pruposes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, hope you are all good and everyone is making some good mixes, VJ sets and beats lately

cheers

rich.t

geposted Thu 18 Sep 08 @ 5:05 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Do you skype ? if so please add me NumarkSi

If not please give me a call if you call UK support they will find me for you.

geposted Fri 19 Sep 08 @ 3:17 pm
hey man, i notice that this happens alot to my new min. spec mpb when i use the window output... if you exit the window, im pretty sure it should work flawlessly

joe

geposted Sat 20 Sep 08 @ 10:25 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)