Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Long Tracks

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

jenhenPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi all
When I used to use Atomix I could put a long track in the player (up to one 3 hour mp3) and it would read it. With VDJ if I try to load one track that is one hour long it will freeze and not load all the way. Can anyone help with this problem?

geposted Thu 02 Oct 08 @ 9:58 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Have you tried to download Cel's registry tool and select max load? I would select Max load and fastest and see if you get the results you want...

geposted Thu 02 Oct 08 @ 10:07 pm
Okay I tried max load but it still loads very slow. I am not familiar with the registery tool can you help with that?

geposted Thu 02 Oct 08 @ 10:36 pm
okay I got the tool it is a little faster but with the old Atomix it would just load very quickly with VDJ it takes longer like it is trying to scan the file for BPMs I wonder if I could disconnect that feature.

geposted Thu 02 Oct 08 @ 10:55 pm
Thought i would try the suggestion of using the reg software to load the mp3's quicker, none will load completley now and also experiencing stutters, just created more problems at tonights gig.

geposted Fri 03 Oct 08 @ 6:57 pm
A 3 hours track would need to be decompressed into memory, you would need 1.8GB for this. Windows itself and programs/services need memory also. If your machine only has 2GB of memory for example, you will have problems with stuttering because paging will occur. Loading a three hour track into Virtual DJ doesn't really make much sense to me, better to use Windows Media Player. The same applies to a track of 1 hour really, except it would take 600MB of memory, it takes time to decompress the stream. When using such large files latency is probably not an issue, making the playback of Windows Media Player enough.

geposted Wed 08 Oct 08 @ 1:50 pm
I hear what you are saying andrew but why can I load it in Atomix

geposted Sat 11 Oct 08 @ 6:04 am
Because it loads into the system memory and as stated above you would need at least 4gb to probably make it work semi smooth. And why would you want to load a 3 hr track into VDJ why not just play a cd?? I am lost on this one

geposted Mon 13 Oct 08 @ 2:24 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)