Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: SYNQ PCM-1

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi

I recently bought a SYNQ PCM-1 control! It came with a software called deckadance, but i'm so into virtual dj that i want to combine those too. Can anybody give me a hand??

many thx!

geposted Sat 04 Oct 08 @ 6:17 pm
The SYNQ PCM-1 is not currently natively supported by VirtualDJ, but it is a MIDI controller, so you can map it yourself manually using the General MIDI mapper in VirtualDJ.

geposted Sun 05 Oct 08 @ 2:03 pm
many thx! Ill try it right away!

geposted Sun 05 Oct 08 @ 3:43 pm
yourtPRO InfinityMember since 2003
welll... it ought to be native. I got it working with the provided midi map on the forum.
However.... I'm not that good in midi and mapping and all codings.
HAlf the functions work properly...

So it's great to have the skin for the pcm-1 and a midi map... but it doesn't compare to the Deckadance controls that came with the controller.
I'd say it's in VirtualDJ's interest to get a map with the same functionality. FOr you guys it's probably "over easy", for me it's not.

For starters, I'll use Deckadance and regular CD players on my gig Friday. Would be sad if I grew into that software, but hey... I built a Dj rack with a controller that looks and feels nice, so it would be nice if it got supported (I see a nice list of supported gear already). And having an unused controller built in and a second one at the side.... that's not what I intended to build... LOL
Maybe you guys don't know Synq but out here it is distributed by the same company that distributes JB systems...: http://www.beglec.com ;-)

geposted Wed 25 Mar 09 @ 10:33 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
You can't expect VDJ to just jump and support every controller on the market however, these things have always taken time to add.

The MIDI learn function is extremely easy to use, but is limited in it's functionality.

As for it being in VDJ's interest, I can't say there has been a great deal of interest in this controller on the forum - so at present would probably very low on the list of really-should-be-supported controllers anyway ;)

geposted Wed 25 Mar 09 @ 10:36 am
yesdezeisvrij wrote :
Hi

I recently bought a SYNQ PCM-1 control! It came with a software called deckadance, but i'm so into virtual dj that i want to combine those too. Can anybody give me a hand??

many thx!

If you are "so into Virtual dj" then you should purchase the software and register it will the website.
Just my 2 cent
DJ Digital
Practice & Enjoy!!

PS - I am sure someone on here can help you with mapping it.

geposted Wed 25 Mar 09 @ 3:05 pm
Quote (from a rather strong discussion topic):

That's the only problem, when using the midi commands to set up your control you lose such features, like the backlights and any displays. Even if you use a xml mapper from the download area.

The only way to keep these features is if they are native to the software.

=> I noticed indeed trying to get the midi going. I'm digging into it... but it's hard and I get the feeling I'll end up nowhere without native support (=> no leds burning indeed). So, on the download pages some mappings are not downloaded that much, others are for controllers not available here...

I run Virtualdj from my laptop, have a Hercules DJ MK2 (sold my MK1) attached to it on a tray in my "music room". guess it'll stay there for a while at least. I'm building a 19" rack PC for my rig and I would have loved to take virtualdj with me now I'm back to DJ'ing IRL. That Hercules DJ console is no roadshow stuff.... so I got me a controller... nice price, enough features and fits my SMX-2.

Some years ago ... how many people would have been necessary to express their need for native support to get the job done? I'm in quite some time, I've amazed people with Virtualdj's possibilities when they only heard of BPM, Traktor, and other players at that time. You grew, don't forget your clients. it will get back to you. Maybe like 80 now that bought the PCM-1 and lack native support, 250 tomorrow and in the end you'll end up with people hopping to and from Virtualdj (like some seem to know alot of Traktor and other software ;-) )... I'm not a hopper, and I have the feeling Virtualdj has quite some believers and stayers. I hope to be proven right to have chosen for Virtualdj. Meanwhile, on teh road I'll get used to other software. I need my leds and my total control (and that's a console I won't buy, I have the Idj2 and it 's a fun isea and works great but it's not good at handling VBR's, kinda turned me from Numark).

geposted Wed 25 Mar 09 @ 6:07 pm
Native support for this and other controllers may be added to the next version update of VirtualDJ.

In the meantime, you can map this and other standard MIDI controllers via the General MIDI mapper in the current version. The only feature that cannot be mapped is LED's. Mapping LED's via General MIDI may be possible in a future version.

NOTE: We cannot confirm or tell you what features will be present in the next version, or when it will be released. Please see: http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/104648/General_Discussion/Update_and_New_Release___.html?page=1

geposted Thu 26 Mar 09 @ 1:23 pm
OK,

thx for the reply. I have no time to configure and try to get Virtualdj up and running to my wishes with PCM-1 (gig tonight).
But in the nearby future I will give it a try. Might be I post a midi map if i get that far.... ;-))

geposted Fri 27 Mar 09 @ 3:00 am

geposted Fri 27 Mar 09 @ 2:33 pm
because at first use it felt incomplete and unsecure...
now I realise leds can't be activated (cue/play-pause/pitch control).
So I guess I got somewhat confused because of lacking feedback on my actions ;-))

If I activate pitch control under Deckadance (naticve software with controller), The amber light in the pitch button shows me I did, tells me I can move the slidere and have result. In Virtualdj... I'm in the blind... and like stated: maybe that issue will be adressed in a future release. I hope so. That would make it complete. Concerning real life action and the competition: Deckadance looks good, has a lot of items like Virtualdj (SOUND department), and acts good. Comes wit a universal Asio driver (Asio4all) that does the job. But Virtualdj rules in the automix department (deckadance seems to have a DJ style automix with beat adjustments too, didn't look into that too hard yet) and the database search... Virtualdj rules them all. I know there are ways around using external software and drag and drop... but if you are used to the Virtualdj database (which improved too).... damn.... I have like any out of 40.000 songs ready at the stroke of a few keys on my keyboard, by artist, song title, album,... UNBEATABLE!

Deckadance is planning on DMX light control too. I have Freestyler now, and I use a line out to get the sound into my laptop for lights reacting to sound... when looking for that on the forum: not much too find no more (mainly 2005 talk, some 2007 and recent posts about the latest edition not supporting the Sunlite any more because of a driver issue)... so they are at the same level on that one: work to be done.

Very strong point for Deckadance: they support VST and can act as a VST inside Ableton (also inside own program => more channels, like in Virtualdj with several windows). So you can get a live setup with a midi cotroller and a drumpad, synth or whatever on the side (I'm thinking of beatmixers creating their own transition/intermediate mixes). That's not Virtualdj's cup of tea I guess... but hey... Videomixing is another story... ;-)

This is getting a bit of a comparison, I know... and it's actually what I'm doing: comparing (keeping in touch with real life, not just blindly going for one or the other). So I guess everybody has to be moving on... improving on support and functionalities...

So there's 2 views: controller view says Virtualdj lacks 2-way Midi support or native support. Deckadance has the edge on that. Taking me to the second view at the same time: software. Virtualdj is unbeatable regarding indexing and database searching. Video is Virtualdj's thing, while synth mixing through tracks in live modus seems to be a Deckadance/Ableton thing.

Concerning the hardware/software part: I like the feel of it, and the place where the buttons are. I used it last friday on a gig, and it worked like a charm. Fonts and windows (Deckadance) are a little to small in standard settings, but they can be changed. I didn't use Virtualdj on the gig because I 'm not feeling too confiddent on the support of the HW for now (no feedback from the leds and not used to the mapping I downloaded => should check if all functions are assigned exactly like on the HW controller, something a native support would take care of).

geposted Mon 30 Mar 09 @ 4:36 am
Ok....

version 6 is out with a new controller department.
So it sayd it's easy to create your own... yeah right.
Think I 'll still depend on good people putting time and effort into it to get the rigth stuff.

Most important question: with this new "controller control", can you control LED lights and all, like in native supported controllers?

geposted Mon 01 Jun 09 @ 12:07 pm
Yes, you can control the LED's of MIDI controllers by creating a definition file.

However, you should not need to do this - The Synq PCM-1 is now natively supported in VirtualDJ v6 with full working LED's.

However, if you are running Windows XP, it will need a special controller definition file due to the way MIDI in XP works (It helpfully names all its MIDI devices 'USB Audio Device', making auto-detection impossible.) Vista will auto detect with no problems.

The XP definition file will be available in the tools download section shortly: http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/tools.html

geposted Mon 01 Jun 09 @ 12:23 pm
hey thx alot. I read about the 40 natively supported controllers and previous posts led me to believe Synq wouldn't be one of them.
Also foun d one post referrign to Numark, Denon,... and "alot".
Might be cool to find the list under the "what's new" or "features" page.

THX FOR A QUICK REPLY. Virtualdj still rocks, and I'm gonna download me number 6 now ;-))

geposted Mon 01 Jun 09 @ 1:32 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)