Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Am I the only one?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Having success with the mac version? I've switched over to the mac version solely for all my events audio, video, karaoke since the start of summer. I've enjoyed no crashes (with any released version) Denon controller and soundcard and mixer. I just got back home for a one week marathon of gig's in my old hometown, and I have not a single glitch hiccup or weirdness with any hardware or software. In fact I'm planning on setting up an vnc server to use my ipod touch as a controller mostly a mouse at this point. I just found it odd that I either have a one in a million mac or the rest of you are having bad luck. So which is it?

geposted Tue 07 Oct 08 @ 9:57 pm
spinnaJPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Me too having success with the mac version except the timecode issue atm;)

geposted Tue 07 Oct 08 @ 10:35 pm
Update. I can sucessfully control vdj from my ipod touch, via vnc or just using the touch as a mouse what a great option score one for mac.

geposted Tue 07 Oct 08 @ 11:11 pm
You like using VNC eh? I found it a neat novelty but not very practical simply because it was too slow and it takes 5 times longer to zoom in and out etc. When you say you're using your iPod touch as a mouse do you mean you're using the touch screen or are you physically moving the iPod around using the accelerometer or something?

geposted Wed 08 Oct 08 @ 9:29 am
I'm having lots of problems, what laptop configuration/specs are you using, any other softwares installed (I'm using a MacBook Pro 17" with 2.5Ghz with 4 gig ram, clean install with only Mactheripper installed, installed all necessary updates from Apple).

With the Denon controller HC4500 what are your performance settings? Also, are you using an external hard drive? How is it formated? How did you get your tags to appear (Album, genre, bpm).

geposted Wed 08 Oct 08 @ 9:42 am
dizzyrocks2001 wrote :
You like using VNC eh? I found it a neat novelty but not very practical simply because it was too slow and it takes 5 times longer to zoom in and out etc. When you say you're using your iPod touch as a mouse do you mean you're using the touch screen or are you physically moving the iPod around using the accelerometer or something?

For using vnc its very cumbersome to use and not to mention its slow even thru adhoc instead of wifi. I can imagine it would be better if a skin pannel was dedicated to the touch and keeping is zoomed to that level would grant you access to the controlls you needed on the small screen I can see it very useful in turning off and on automix and such.

I really like the snatch mouse app I can control my mac from across the room. Very useful if you doing powerpoint or watching a movie with front row.

geposted Wed 08 Oct 08 @ 3:25 pm
callman_1 wrote :
I'm having lots of problems, what laptop configuration/specs are you using, any other softwares installed (I'm using a MacBook Pro 17" with 2.5Ghz with 4 gig ram, clean install with only Mactheripper installed, installed all necessary updates from Apple).

With the Denon controller HC4500 what are your performance settings? Also, are you using an external hard drive? How is it formated? How did you get your tags to appear (Album, genre, bpm).

I'm using a mbp 17 with a 2.6 ghz and 2 gigs of ram off the shelf directly from apple. The performance settings are all the way to the right maxed out. I use an external fat32 1tb drive i think the brand is phantom drives, and the drive inside is a western digital running over fw800. My audio is in my itunes library about 3/4 of them are m4a files the other half mp3. Videos are mp4 and vob but mostly vob in the collection. I do karaoke is zip files.

Lets see what other software humm

microsoft office for mac
using mail in osx
firefox
snach server for wifi mouse
thunderbird for business mail
visual hub

thats about it besides appzapper type programs, and amsn, skype

With this pc I know I'm breaking all the rules but i use this one computer for everything personal, business and djing :)

geposted Wed 08 Oct 08 @ 3:38 pm
YES U R !

geposted Wed 08 Oct 08 @ 8:27 pm
it's what is so great about osx and mac as I'm typing this on my ipod touch I'm not worried at all in osx when you are not using an app you aren't and. When you are you are

geposted Wed 08 Oct 08 @ 9:26 pm
back on my gig machine for a bit here.

I think I owe it to you guys to tell you why I run my setup like this.

When Atomix decided to do a mac version, I decided to learn osx, now granted I don't know every in and out of osx 10.5 but that really doesn't matter. What I was after was getting as close to a real world test setup as possible. This means against my better judgment I needed to use my Mac like I believe any customer would. Work play djing whatever.

So the most popular im clients were loaded, next I loaded office, transfered my email to this machine, loaded up about 50 gb's of pictures in iphoto made an standard itunes library and a few other goodies. When I say real world test I mean it. I'm not only an employee of Virtualdj I'm also a working dj just like many of you. Every weekend I go out with the Mac and put my own personal rep on the line to test and use the program. Its never let me down not once in several months of testing. First with the Rmx and now the Denon setup. I have nothing but good things to say, I do take notes every show of what I feel can be improved, but I've never generated a crash report with any official release. So there you have it how we get things done, how we test our work. We arn't just sitting in a lab with a brand new machine just running vdj, that wouldn't be fair.

geposted Wed 08 Oct 08 @ 9:52 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)