Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Cue points-Denon HC4500, jpBoggis mapper

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

winyardPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Am having trouble setting multiple cue points and wondering whether anyone can offer help.
Am using VDJ with the Denon HC4500 controller and have installed the jpboggis mapper.

if I set a cue point for example at 15 seconds into the track and then try to set a 2nd cue point at 32 seconds, the 1st cue point also changes to 32 seconds!, If I then change the 1st one back to 15 seconds, the 2nd one is also changed to 15 seconds!
Is there a way of setting multiple cue points within a track?

Thanks.

geposted Fri 10 Oct 08 @ 9:38 am
When the controller is in Cue Points mode (Which it is by default when you start VirtualDJ, unless you have changed it via User Parameters), you can use the parameter knob to choose the current cue point number. That will be the cue point that will be set when you press PLAY to start the song playing. The digits at the top-left of the display on the HC4500 shows the current selected cue point number in Cue Points mode.

NOTE: The basic functions of the HC4500 mapper are designed to closely match those of a Denon dual-CD player such as DN-D4500. Just like on those CD players, pressing PLAY to start the song playing sets the cue point.

If you would prefer to use the CUE button to set the cue point, you can change it by going into user parameters (FLIP+CONT/SINGLE) and changing 'Cue/Play Mode' (#12) to 'Cue/Play'

For details on how to change user parameters, please see the last section of the user manual that's included with the mapper plugin (HC4500.txt)

geposted Fri 10 Oct 08 @ 12:21 pm
winyardPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hi, thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I'm still having problems with the cue points and tried the two solutions you suggested here but with no joy. Are there any tutorials for this? I just can not get the hang of trying to use multi cue points with VDJ/4500!

geposted Mon 27 Oct 08 @ 4:10 am
Given your example above, here's how you would go about setting two cue points - The first at 15 seconds and the 2nd at 32.

First, please ensure the controller is in Cue Points mode. At start-up, it will be in this mode by default unless you have changed it via user parameters. To see what mode you are in, press and hold TITLE. To change modes, press and release TITLE to cycle through them.

Next, load the appropriate song.

Press PLAY to start it playing.

Wait 15 seconds and press PLAY again to pause the song.

Use the jogwheel if necessary to adjust the song position to exactly where you want the cue point.

Press PLAY again to start the song playing. Cue point #1 will be set at the position where you paused the song.

Wait 15 seconds and press PLAY to pause the song again (Now approx. 30 seconds into the song.)

Turn the parameter knob to choose Cue Point #2.

Adjust the song position if neccssary using the jogwheel.

Now when you press PLAY to start the song playing, Cue point #2 will be set.

Stop the song playing by pressing CUE. The position will jump back to the current cue point, which is #2 as you selected above.

Use the parameter knob to to choose Cue point #1 again.

Press CUE and the song will now jump to the position of cue point #1.

Press and hold the CUE button and it will temporarily play the music from the cue point, returning back to it and pausing the song when you release the button. You can use this to create a stutter effect.

IMPORTANT: When you have cue point(s) already set in a song, always make sure you are at the cue point (By pressing CUE) before pressing PLAY, otherwise the position of the cue point will be changed. This is the Denon method of setting cue points. If you would prefer using the CUE bottom similar to most other makes of DJ CD players, it's possible to set this via the user parameters. Please let me know and I will post steps for changing this.

With cue points set, you can also use the 1 - 5 function buttons to jump to any of the cue points (Hot cues.) Pressing a button jumps to the appropriate cue point and starts the song playing if it's paused. Pressing a hot cue button for a cue points that's not currently set will set the cue point.

geposted Mon 27 Oct 08 @ 1:47 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)