Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Timecoded vinyl stop interact with music - Page: 2

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Have you checked your needles? They are extremely important :)

Also: Have you got your turntables set on 45RPM while you have VDJ set to 33RPM or something? That would declare the song playing much too fast. It's one of those small things you easily miss while setting up but they cause serious problems. :)

geposted Sat 01 Nov 08 @ 7:12 am
VanStino wrote :
Have you checked your needles? They are extremely important :)

Also: Have you got your turntables set on 45RPM while you have VDJ set to 33RPM or something? That would declare the song playing much too fast. It's one of those small things you easily miss while setting up but they cause serious problems. :)

To be honest, my needles are old as hell. In terms of hours I can't tell how much they have been used but I tell you what; I've been in the shadows for 10 years, I have used this needles for couple of years before those 10 years, now I'm back again, but still they work fine with Torq. But since is a suggestion of good will, I have some Stanton 680EL they are practically new I just used them for recording mixtapes "well mix cd lol"(sound quality is good) I will try with those and I'll post back, thanks for suggestion.

About the 33RPM and 45RPM I did play around to see if by mistake something good came out of it, but no luck at all. If you use Torq TCV, music runs faster, and if you get to play around with different configuration you may get the music to run normal but with a lot of clicks and glitches, besides I bought two new Vdj TCV.

Hey, but thanks for your concern and I will post back with results to see what happens when I change needles. Hope all this try and error helps me and all fellows in the forum some how.

geposted Sat 01 Nov 08 @ 8:08 pm
Needles that are years old could be the problem.

Most needle manufacturers recommend new needles every 3 months. :)

geposted Sun 02 Nov 08 @ 9:28 am
WildoPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hm. I can tell you that my VirtualDJPro-Version just has the same problem like all the others mentioned here. It sometimes stops responding to the timecode vinyl after 10-15 minutes. The only thing bringing the song under control of the timecode vinyls is to go to the config menu and hit the "Auto config" button again. Before you do this you can see that the quality of the timecode-signal is less than 5%. After that it is 100% again. In my opinion it has nothing to do with the trial-version or some cracked versions installed before. I bought VirtualVinyl, got the Numark Cue program with it and updated it to VirtualDJ - latest version.

Backspinning is indeed very curious. If you spin the record back lets say 360 degrees too fast you end up on a totally different position than you started from. It has got some 5 - 10 seconds offset then. I tried this with Serato-timecode-vinyls and Numark Virtual-Vinyl-vinyls. No difference. I cant tell if you have to change some parameters in the config menu when you do beatjuggling but with the actual configuration it is definitly not possible to do beatjuggling. Very sad.

geposted Sun 02 Nov 08 @ 10:36 am
WildoPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Very strange ... I tested beatjuggling now for about an hour or so and it works like a charme. I did not change the setup nor did I change some parameters in the config menu. It suddenly works .... Very very strange .....

geposted Sun 02 Nov 08 @ 11:35 am
weird... my upstairs neighbors grandson broke one of my tone arms on my tech 1200's ..therefore i cant test at the moment but i have a pair of ssl vinyls (shipped with the program and a pair of torc vinyls (that shipped with the program(the club that had torc got broken into they took everything ..2flatscreens,2 dns5000's torc soundcard,laptop,speakers and video switch boxes)..

since they didnt have the program no more they let me have the vinyls for torc :)
i can test with ssl box or maya 44usbdeck should be ready tomorrow(dang tonearm cost $100 usd!!not installed!!lol

geposted Sun 02 Nov 08 @ 1:11 pm
Wildo wrote :
Very strange ... I tested beatjuggling now for about an hour or so and it works like a charme. I did not change the setup nor did I change some parameters in the config menu. It suddenly works .... Very very strange .....

Can you post a screen shot of your TCV config dialog window? Just want to compare with my configuration. Haven't change the needles yet, lazy at the moment, but I will try to se what happens.

geposted Sun 02 Nov 08 @ 5:38 pm

TCV 96% Problem Fixed;

Well I don't know this program has a mind of its own. On the Time Code Vinyl Mode (Smart, Relative and Absolute) I change from Smart to Relative and the back spinning problems went away (like a said before 96% problem fixed) I don't know why, but I did change from mode to mode in the TCV Mode option before and never fixed the problem Now all of a sudden is working just right.

I did notice that my left turntable was still skipping a little bit, but my right turntable was doing fine. The only difference I saw was the counter weight, the right side was all the way (heavier) than the left side, so I spin the counter weight all the way on the left turntable and the skipping and shifting went away (once again 96%).

I admit, I didn’t change the needles (Stanton 500AL) and they are old as hell. But now I can beat juggle, with some care, but I can beat juggle "YEEEEEEEEEAAAHHHHH"

Still I will keep in mind some of the advice I got in this forum and when I get a chance I will buy new needles to see if I get that extra 4% that I need to get my problem totally fixed.

Ok now, I'm almost about to fixed the shift problem, thanks to you guys and some patience. But what I don't get to fixed is the constant pitch movement “next challenge ha" I did change the Pitch Sensitivity from 100 to 1000, still no enhancement. I will try Pitch Sensitivity once again but changing latency at the same time to see the effect.

Will post results.

geposted Sun 02 Nov 08 @ 8:13 pm
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
erxon wrote :
Maybe if you increase the pressure slightly the signal will be easier to read for
the program - experiment.

Guess I wasn't far off :) Good for you mate.

geposted Mon 03 Nov 08 @ 1:17 am

@ erxon

Yeap you where right about the counter weight +1 on you. Beatjuggling has improved alot. Still I'm having the moving pitch. I've been changing Pitch sensetivity but no luck at the time, below 500 it moves too much, ( e.i. 125.8 > 125.4 > 125.9> 125.5, etc.) above 700 is more steady but it still moves. Now I went all the way to 1000, but the reaction time from the true pitch to the software pitch is to way out of a difference, very dificult to beatmatch for more than 4 bars (16 beats).

I thought, well my needles are old, but so are may turntables (SL1200). So I turn all lights off and pay close atention to the strobe light on may platter; working ok, so the pitch shifting is not my turntables fault. I did notice that the bottom part of my needles are very close to the vinyl. I don't se any marks like if it was touching the record. I'll keep searching to see what I find.

Hope all this helps someone, besides me.

geposted Mon 03 Nov 08 @ 12:16 pm
Make the weight around 3.5 grams for a good signal. I always do. :)

geposted Mon 03 Nov 08 @ 1:03 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Dj Chachi wrote :

On the Time Code Vinyl Mode (Smart, Relative and Absolute) I change from Smart to Relative and the back spinning problems went away (like a said before 96% problem fixed) I don't know why, but I did change from mode to mode in the TCV Mode option before and never fixed the problem Now all of a sudden is working just right.

But it also means that you don't have the detection of the position anymore as you are in relative mode : it only detects the speed and the direction now.

geposted Mon 03 Nov 08 @ 3:33 pm

djcel

I know, you can say that again! But is the only way I can back spin and beat juggle without the program jumping or shifting. At least now I can practice.

The other problem I have is the constant movement of the pitch, it doesn’t matter if is in relative, absolute or smart. This program it’s been giving me some hard time with TCV. It works great with a mouse or a controller (on my case DAC3) no complaint about that, but it really sucks on TCV. It gets frustrating after a wile to be back and forward configuring and configuring.

I've been configuring the dam program longer than I've been using it for mixing. I really love the program but I'm getting tire of it. I think I'm better of making a complete switch to torq. I don't know!!!!!!!

geposted Mon 03 Nov 08 @ 4:39 pm
Well this is my conclusion;

The program really sucks for TCV. With MIDI controller is great, with TCV is a Fknsht.

geposted Sat 15 Nov 08 @ 5:03 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)