Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Stanton SCS.3d mapper

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

yvesmkPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Well finally think I found my type of controller, the Stanton SCS3.3d daScratch.
Today It arrived in the store and I picked it up.
What I already thought is that it is not working straight out of the box.

First play with the unit is that it feels very naturally in handling (luckely). So hopes are very high to when I get it completely mapped.

So if anybody can help me on track to make a mapper for this unit, I'll more than happy.
Now I'm exploring the unit with the general midi option as the remote control and putting it in learning mode.
Which already allows me to start and stop a deck (wow).

Thanks for any more help.

geposted Thu 30 Oct 08 @ 2:40 pm
PtownDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I just bought Da Scratch as well, in the manual it says that it comes with many profiles for various software... not one of them is Virtual DJ... I did get it to stop and start, and video cross fade as well...

Anyone else using this controller????

PLEASE? :-)

geposted Fri 07 Nov 08 @ 3:25 pm
Just got this answer from VDJ support:
on my question:
My biggest problem is with the scratch wheel.
I want to mimmick the vinyl behaviour when you hold down the platter the music stops playing.
When you release (lift your finger from the sensitive \"wheel\" area) the music continues.
When putting your finger down on the wheel and move forward you move forward in the song (no pitch bend) when making a platter backward movement, you go backward in the music.
In this way you thus can also scratch when putting your finger on the sensitive \"wheel\" area and moving forward and backward.

Untill now I haven't found out which commands to set and in which sequence.
If you could please shed a light on how the shortcuts work?

Thx.

Answer:
It depends on how the MIDI has been implemented on the controller. Most controllers with touch-sensitive jogwheels will send a CTRL value for movement of the jogwheel and a NOTE value to indicate when the touch sensor is touched.

If this is the case, you should map the jogwheel CTRL to the action scratch_wheel and the touch NOTE to scratch_wheel_touch.

Gonna try to get the jogwheel up with this info, and keep you posted how it turns out.

geposted Fri 07 Nov 08 @ 4:42 pm
Cool thanks... this is driving me nuts, i was hoping to use this for the weekend... oh well, i guess thats how it goes with new toys... :-)

geposted Fri 07 Nov 08 @ 5:49 pm
Well the story continues....
And with this explanation it now works.

This was the question I had for support.
Now I have only mapped the scratch_wheel and scratchwheel_touch.

when I touch the Stanton Dascratch the music stops and I can scratch forward an backward.
When I lift my finger from the sensitive touch area, the record doesn't continue to play (like with a real turntable).
Only when I touch the sensitive area a second time the music starts playing.
Not really what I was expecting.
Any more advice on this?
I Had a look a the tabs (button-slider/knob-encoder/wheel) in the midi mapping , but the purpose of each individual tab or combination of the settings on all tabs is not obvious to me.
encoder/wheel speaks for itself.
I thought that this in combination with the button tab settings could mimic the behaviour, but I tried button values 0/1/-1, but no luck.

And this was their answer.

You may need to add the 'temporary' option to 'scratchwheel_touch' - This can't actually be set at the moment via the MIDI mapping interface, but you can add it by editing the MIDI XML file.

To do this, close VDJ and then browse to My Documents\VirtualDJ. Use Notepad to edit the file midi.xml

Find the two 'scratchwheel_touch' mappings and add the following to the XML tag: value="temporary "

E.g: (This is for Denon HC4500 in MIDI mode, so the note number will be different for your controller.)

And indeed after having put the temporary tag in the xml closing down vdj and reopening i see the temporary keyword added in my mappings.
When I change something to the scratchwheel_touch mapping, I loose the temporary keyword.
But when leaving as such after changing the xml, closing down and opening vdj, it works as expected.

geposted Sat 08 Nov 08 @ 3:44 pm
I gave up using DaScratch as a deck controller, im using it to control video cross fade and clip bank... Its better then nothing i guess... I got an email from Stanton as well apologizing for the trouble im having and they say a preset is being worked on...

We will see...

geposted Fri 14 Nov 08 @ 1:33 pm
well was hoping on that too. sad that product development always runs behind marketing.... early adopters always have to wait or struggle...

geposted Fri 14 Nov 08 @ 2:59 pm
No kidding, i had the same problem with the VCI 100, when that came out it was months before i could use it properly... I dont understand it, even Numark seems to have all but abandoned Cue/Virtual DJ; they dont even show Virtual Vinyl on the web site anymore as a product...

geposted Sat 15 Nov 08 @ 11:13 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)