Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Am back with more questions.

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Ok so I now have pro edition.

even tho it didnt say anything about VAT until the very end, It didnt give me ANY discount and why VAT? its americqan isnt it?

amyway, i have my timecodes, my TT's are plugged into a maya44usb, my TT's work fine, needles ok etc, but even with auto config on the TCV I cant get a signal it just fluctuates between 0 and 100% every second or so.

So have I done something wrong (probably) do I have the right asio drivers etc........

please help me, I am a little special when it comes to computers, but put to slabs of vinyl infront of me and I am a demon.

ta

geposted Fri 31 Oct 08 @ 12:59 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
What are your Maya control panels settings - all tabs ?

geposted Fri 31 Oct 08 @ 1:37 pm
i have tabs:
usb
asio
credits
controls

i dont know anything about them so i havent touched them.

I have found however that if i tick the pre amp box in TCV set up i can get 100% from one TCV, but the other just fuctuates still

I am starting to pull out my hair.

geposted Fri 31 Oct 08 @ 1:42 pm
if you get 100% in one click the >> arow box and it will copy the settings across to the other deck

geposted Sat 01 Nov 08 @ 5:04 am
done that,still fluctuates between 0 and 100%

and they drift out of sync all the time, need constant adjustment

geposted Sat 01 Nov 08 @ 8:19 am
am now finding that i have to install the drivers for the maya EVERYTIME I use VDJ, as it says "problem with asio soundcard" everytime I start it up? any ideas....oh and still have the same problems with TCV

geposted Tue 04 Nov 08 @ 5:54 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
devdev wrote :
am now finding that i have to install the drivers for the maya EVERYTIME I use VDJ, as it says "problem with asio soundcard" everytime I start it up?

Are you plugging it in the same USB port every time? Windows doesn't like you swapping hardware around ;)

geposted Tue 04 Nov 08 @ 6:42 am
Yes as SBDJ said - always use the same USB port once you install the drivers.

As for the MAYA Setup -- Maya44 Soundcard Setup --

Open VirtualDJ
Click on the ASIO Configuration button.
In the first tab with all the channels displayed.
Mute the first 4 for Monitoring the inputs.
Set the INPUT Gains at about 30%.
Set the OUTPUT Gains at 100%

In the Timecode Configuration, uncheck the Clear Sound option. Use a pitch sensitivity of about 800-1200 (1200 is default, 800 has been found to provide better resolution). Run the Auto Config for both decks.

Now try you timecode, how do they respond ??

geposted Tue 04 Nov 08 @ 7:01 pm
they are now floating from 20% to 90% but are far more consistent, also found it better if i click the v4 drop down.

Now how do I stop the high pitch whining noise I am getting from the tcv?

geposted Wed 05 Nov 08 @ 9:59 am
Go back to the MAYA control panel and make sure you have the MONITOR Input (on the Controls tab) MUTED.

And bump up the INPUT gain just a bit in the Contols tab. And I mean just a bit, maybe just below 50% - might help in getting more constant signal.

geposted Wed 05 Nov 08 @ 11:06 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
devdev wrote :

Now how do I stop the high pitch whining noise I am getting from the tcv?

I get this too.

It's the needles picking the timecode signal up. I don't think you can stop this, changing needles may help you reduce the noise. I fitted new Stanton Discmasters on my 1210's and the clubs and it did help a little.

geposted Wed 05 Nov 08 @ 11:19 am
looks like I'm gonna have to live with the noise, just put some brand new concords on and it sounds the same, its like having my ex wife there again....

saturday night is the first test, in a club with 3 rooms, the other 2 jocks use serato....I hope it dont let me down!

geposted Fri 07 Nov 08 @ 3:36 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)