Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Timecode CD & VDJ Setup - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

HI All

I Just wanted to know how to fully configure the timecode cd's to work with VDJ & Pioneer CDJ's.

Each time i cue a trax with the cdj, and then play/stutter like i would normaly do with a normal cd player, it never goes back to my cue point.

I have Virtual Dj Pro 5.2.1 with VDJ Timecode Pro CD's and a Audio8 Dj from Native. I get 100% Signal and all, everything works fine expect for the timecode cd control.

I tried both mac and pc, doesnt work on both platform.

Could somebody please help me out.

Thanks

geposted Tue 18 Nov 08 @ 9:26 pm
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
This question was asked before, you must use Cue point inside VDJ, not on CDJ.

geposted Wed 19 Nov 08 @ 8:07 am
hi, just wanted to no how do i use the time code cd? what are the components i need?

geposted Thu 20 Nov 08 @ 8:46 am

geposted Thu 20 Nov 08 @ 11:55 am
A few things you can try. Set it for Absolute mode and use the TCCD for Pioneer. There are 2 TCCD available and the only difference are the levels. Also on VDJ reselect the input, output and sound card. I had to reselect it even though it was already set. It somehow cleared my problem. The last thing is set the sound card latency to auto. See if this helps.

geposted Tue 25 Nov 08 @ 12:03 pm
jinyanHome userMember since 2008
hi.. im new here.. i was planning to get audio8 to work with vdj..
my setup is 2x cdj 1000, 1x djm800.. im just wanna know if i use timecode cd.. can all these hot cue, loop, cue r working ?

geposted Sun 30 Nov 08 @ 9:18 am
Yes:
Timecode mode
Smart (default) – This is the default timecode tracking mode and is the mode that we recommend most users use. In Smart mode, you have the ability to do needle drops but can also use the additional features of the software, such as pitch, loops and cue points.
Read this:
http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/TimeCode.html

geposted Sun 30 Nov 08 @ 10:02 am
jinyanHome userMember since 2008
thk for the info.. but how bout serato & final scratch open ? can this work too ?

geposted Mon 01 Dec 08 @ 4:39 am
how do i set up a time code with a dual cd player???

geposted Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 2:00 am
colesyHome userMember since 2009
can i use timecode cd with my gemini cdm 3600? maybe only get one cd working im nmot sure what sound card i will need. i need help??????

geposted Mon 03 Aug 09 @ 5:22 am
djtirtaHome userMember since 2009
Hi There ...

I need exactly step by step way to configure timecoded CD with Virtual DJ 5.1
I am using Notebook PC with windows XP SP3 OS, BCD3000 Controller (soundcard included) and Pioneer CDJ-100

Anyone here can help me ? please...

thx

geposted Thu 20 Aug 09 @ 8:29 am
i have the numark cdn-88 dual cd player and i have ur trial version i downloaded the timecode cd's( both sets ) but it wont work properly i have the maya 44 usb soundcard ............on the timecode config in vdj it wont config so when when i go to play something the cd in vdj spin out of control the song goes crazy i dont see any auto timecode config button what am i doing wrong? the instructions are so simple
pls help

geposted Thu 27 Aug 09 @ 1:09 am
hi i downloaded the timecode cd but it only plays 12 min and stop how can i get a longer timecode cd

geposted Wed 16 Sep 09 @ 2:10 am
Unfortunately you can't - That is a limitation of using timecode.

If you set the timecode mode to smart or relative, then the song should keep playing once the 12 minutes runs out, but you will no-longer have control via the CD player.

Using a MIDI controller will avoid these limitations.

geposted Wed 16 Sep 09 @ 12:16 pm
HOW DO I GET THAT FEEDBACK SOUND OUT, I HEAR A ANNOYING SOUND WHILE I PLAY THE MUSIC.. SOMEONE PLS HELP, IM USING THE LATEST VERSION OF VDJ, VESTEX VMC-004 AND DN3700'S....

geposted Thu 20 May 10 @ 12:53 pm
I am trying to get a DN HS5500 to run with my Virtual DJ, using VDJ Timcodes downloaded from the site. I have 1 hs5500 and another dn3000. The DN 3000 works perfectly but the HS5500 will not react when i use the jog wheel for scratching. It just sorta stutters when backspiining the platter.

When I check the timecode settings the hs5500 side showes a a small green circle, but the dn3000 looks OK.

Can anyone help me out?

geposted Sun 08 Aug 10 @ 2:25 am
Aladin0Home userMember since 2008

geposted Wed 11 Aug 10 @ 6:29 pm
The set up will work fine. If you can afford or find it, upgrade to ICDX's or the MDX800 as they have native usb support.

geposted Sun 15 Aug 10 @ 11:29 pm
Hey I was wondering what the proper timecode setup would be for 2 staton C324s and a M203 staton mixer with a maya 44 usb connected?

geposted Wed 12 Jan 11 @ 12:30 pm
ok so im new to this i want to hook up my cdn 88 to use my vdj on computer ,i need to know everything that i will have to get and a step by step hook up system ty

geposted Mon 16 May 11 @ 8:05 am
77%