Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Obsidian MFI

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

mika_auHome userMember since 2005
A new skin, Obsidian, has been born.

It will appear in the skins downloads area shortly.

Please post your comments/reviews/bug reports here ;-]

Also any comments on the MFI interface.

geposted Tue 08 Feb 05 @ 10:55 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Thanks we'll wait ;-)

geposted Wed 09 Feb 05 @ 7:14 am
Will definatelly check it out when I buy the full version!

Thanks for the high res skin

Keep up the good work. I have a lot of respect to those who make the skins since I don't know the first thing about programing them. Ask me any technical question on hardware and I'll be right there heh.

Best regards :D

DJ White Devil

geposted Wed 09 Feb 05 @ 10:13 pm
VDJ team are taking their time reviewing my skin. Couple of days ago I uploaded a Russian translation XML and it took them less than a day to put it up.

So with Obsidian, I'm just going to upload it and make it available to the readers of this forum. I would still though, like to see it on the VDJ skin page.

Here's the link.
http://www.netspace.net.au/~koutanov/vdj/Obsidian%201280x1024%20v1.2%20EN%20by%20Emil%20Koutanov.zip

Basically its a complete rework of Jim Nordic's theme. Thanx Jim for the original idea. A few visual bugs fixed. Added an MFI (Multi-functional interface) that has up to 5 operating modes. Currently working on a Russified version.

Comments pls.

geposted Wed 09 Feb 05 @ 10:58 pm
The Skin looks VERY good mika. I don't use the table scratch feature that much if you only have the 1 table to chose from although I will be one of the TCV users. For those who like this skin look its great!

geposted Wed 09 Feb 05 @ 11:24 pm
im sorry im not in the forums much.
can u pls tell me what TCV means.

for those who dont like the 1 table scratch put the MFI selector in Obsidian to "Scratch" and you'll have two decks up to scratch with at the same time.

the little M under the VU meter activates the Master Tempo mode for all decks.

the "Beat" selector on the MFI panel has a joggle which allows you to easily adjust the beat grid (its so tedious to do with the classic "+" and "-" buttons.

geposted Wed 09 Feb 05 @ 11:55 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
"TCV" ---> Time Coded Vinyls.

geposted Thu 10 Feb 05 @ 7:23 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Dude!!! Now this is called functionality! This is a gret skin for no-controller users and home-PCs.

Just a little suggestion, under the "beat" MFI panel, you should add some kind of safety by default, so that CGBs cannot be adjusted accidently. And I think you should reverse the direction on which the CGB is moving when spinning the whell. I think it would be better to move same as track itself.

maybe add another wheel in the beat pannel to spin the bpm value?

Regards

geposted Thu 10 Feb 05 @ 7:58 pm
paky gHome userMember since 2004
Good work, but..
this skin look like a "puzzle", because the used graphic is from
a lot of many different skins..
some of them:
CDJ100S (Jog)(paky g)
JN Platinum (almost all O_o)(Jim Nordic)
...and others...
When you use graphic from other skin, please mentions the authors.. ;)

geposted Thu 10 Feb 05 @ 8:32 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
paky g, you're right !!

geposted Thu 10 Feb 05 @ 8:34 pm
credits go to paky g for the jog ;)
if you've noticed i've tinted it a lille to match the overall scheme

and as I've mentioned before to Jim for the base texture.

I was thinking of retexturing the skin completely, but functionality was more important and time was limited.
In the upcoming release I will retexture this skin to match the "old4dss" skin that is used in that Romanian DSS DJ app. It all snow-white so there'll be a lot of retexturing to do. The new project will be "Ivory". 500 downloads of Obsidian in one day, so I guess its worth pushing on with improving it.

geposted Thu 10 Feb 05 @ 9:27 pm
bombjonHome userMember since 2004
Hi, I downloaded you skin, looked good on the website, but cant seem to get it working! it says "error on line 143". Can you help me? Thanks

geposted Fri 11 Feb 05 @ 4:27 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Most newer skins won't work on older or cracked versions of VDJ.

geposted Fri 11 Feb 05 @ 9:30 pm
bombjon.

line 143 is

the matching closing tag is legit, and so are the elements within this tag.
I think ad DJ Rick said, you have an older/cracked version.

This skin was developed and tested with 2.05. pity it doesnt work on older versions ;(

geposted Fri 11 Feb 05 @ 11:04 pm
i've just submitted a Russian version of Obsidian... for all those "me no speak english, me drink vodka" people.

VDJ team should split their skin download page into categories. e.g. English skins | International skins

geposted Sat 12 Feb 05 @ 9:50 pm
Hello!

My poor JN-Black skin has now been surpassed by its "wicked" twin... Obsidian. Creative name. Isn't that some sort of black glass?

Funny. I'm flattered that you have chosen my design to make your own version of the skin. I'm also impressed with what you've added to it. I don't mind people editing my skin to better fit their needs.

But I'm not so impressed with people copying someone else’s work, removing any trace on the skin of who originally designed it, renaming it, "copyrighting" it, and then publishing it as their own skin.

If I got this skin from somewhere else... I would have assumed that you designed the whole thing. It would have been something else if you named it "JN-Black Mika edition" or something...or gave credit to the original designer in the actual skin. (“original design by…”)

I don't know but I don't think you would find it amusing if someone copied a mix-set of yours, added a few songs and then broadcasted it onto the net as their own.

Nice work though. I like what you've added to it.

Best regards,

Jim Nordic

geposted Mon 14 Feb 05 @ 11:20 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)