Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: enhanced slideshow module - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

clubtPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I'd like to see an enhanced slideshow that could use the random transitions that are already built into the program. The slideshow is a huge part of our shows and it would be fantastic if we could add some more bells and whistles to the look and feel.

geposted Sun 15 Feb 09 @ 7:48 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Using the transitions available to VirtualDJ wouldn't be possible, they would have to be recoded specifically for the slideshow plugin.

The slideshow plugin supplied with VDJ was written by a user, and I don't believe Atomix have the source and as such they cannot modify it. It would have to be a complete rewrite like mine was.

geposted Mon 16 Feb 09 @ 1:50 am
Your slideshow plugin for some reason does not work on my Dell?

geposted Wed 18 Feb 09 @ 1:44 pm
Have you installed the prerequisites?

geposted Wed 18 Feb 09 @ 2:51 pm
What are the prerequisetes for your plugin?

geposted Thu 19 Feb 09 @ 8:05 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
I think this is a good request actually.
At least we can maintain the aspect ratios now, and thanks.

Threads like these are where ideas come from.
I've seen some wicked transitions both slide show and video in other software.

geposted Fri 20 Feb 09 @ 2:51 pm
I'm in the process of overhauling my slideshow plugin, I can certainly consider adding transitions. I've also removed the limit on the number of pictures in a folder too; it's now unlimited (previously 2048).

As for video transitions - I'm always open to suggestions guys :)

geposted Fri 20 Feb 09 @ 5:16 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
not so much a transistion i'm thinking of but i really love the effects you have made recently and would like to see those adapted for video output with there own activate switch and a random select as well, if thats possible to incorporate, now that would be awesome.

now if any of the mods wish to transfer this suggestion to the wish list or for me to re write it there no probs...

geposted Fri 20 Feb 09 @ 5:43 pm
Some of the transitions could be ported to an effect, I've also had an idea for a cool new filmstrip effect earlier too.

geposted Fri 20 Feb 09 @ 5:52 pm
would be fantastic if we had a "screen output" effects section, jeez now that would keep you busy from my imagination alone, lol.

what do you think mods should this be opened as a seperate wish?

geposted Fri 20 Feb 09 @ 6:04 pm
scott do you think i should start a seperate thread on this?

@clubt, sorry we have deviated from your thread... big apologies.

geposted Fri 20 Feb 09 @ 6:08 pm
tayla wrote :
would be fantastic if we had a "screen output" effects section

Not sure I understand?

geposted Fri 20 Feb 09 @ 6:23 pm
did all of your "prerequiusetes" and still your slide show module controls do not show up at all.
You activate the effect in video effects, it brings up the window of your plug in but there are no controls??

geposted Sat 21 Feb 09 @ 6:43 am
btw, i'm also having similar problems with cel's text 2d plug in. when i activate the plug in, the whole control window doesn't load in so i cannot access the activate button as it is below what i can see.

geposted Sat 21 Feb 09 @ 6:45 am
if that is happening sounds like your resolution for the skin is not right for your screen size... just a thought

geposted Sat 21 Feb 09 @ 7:35 am
clubt wrote :
did all of your "prerequiusetes" and still your slide show module controls do not show up at all.
You activate the effect in video effects, it brings up the window of your plug in but there are no controls??

If there are no controls, then the plugin failed to load due to a missing library. That will either be a C++ runtime issue, or a directx issue.

geposted Sat 21 Feb 09 @ 8:19 am
well i've updated to the new files you suggested. How do i fix the situation??

geposted Sat 21 Feb 09 @ 2:03 pm
I thought that the visual c++ files were backwards compatible and that it was only necessary to install the newest one. I installed the old one in your list first then the august 2008 one and your slide show plug in finally works, but your scroll text plugin is not showing up correctly, the control panel is squished together so one row of controls is overlapped by another, i'll have to take a acreen grab so you can see what i'm talking about.

Anyways on to the original point, slide show enhancement. I do not just dj at a bar or night club. I like many other users do large scale shows with multiple video screens for Weddings, Proms, Sweet 16's etc. We send out photographers during the night to capture photos,
we then compile them for a slideshow in the last 1/2 hour of the night. If the transitions and fancy plugins are important for the look and feel of music videos, i'm not sure why you don't understand their equal importance on the slideshow. All night long your clients have been treated to an awesome show with intelligent lighting, fantastic sound, and brilliant video images transitioned, and rotated etc. Then you get to the slideshow, in my eyes the most important part of the night as it is a recap of the entire event. If the slideshow plugins do not or cannot use the built in transitions then someone please make one that does use them. I really think that many of you are missing the boat on opportunities with the slideshow concept. Thanks in advance.

geposted Sun 22 Feb 09 @ 5:37 am
Maybe I didn't explain myself well enough:

It is not a simple task for a slideshow plugin to use video transitions available to Virtual DJ. The plugin would basically have to implement the COM interface and talk to the plugins as if it was VirtualDJ. Not a small undertaking.

A far easier way would be to have some transitions coded into the plugin, but you would still be limited to whatever was coded into the plugin. I'm happy to add some transitions when I get time, my slideshow plugin needs some more work yet anyway.

geposted Sun 22 Feb 09 @ 5:57 am
65%