Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Virtual DJ 6 Netsearch offline access - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Hi Everyone.

I'm loving the new version of Virtual DJ 6 Great job Atomix :) I have read the Pdf help file but i cannot see how you would use the offline mode, say you were in a club and needed a song from your home computer how would i set that up, I am not really an expert in setting things up so please can you make it simple.

Many thanks

geposted Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 2:39 am
does anyone know about this? thank you

geposted Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 9:32 am

you cant access your home pc from work, thats not what the feature is, and that would be quite impossible;)

What is meant is that if you are online at home, but not at dj gig, you can cache/save your netsearch results for offline use
rightclick any result in netsearch, and choose "Save to cache" ;)

geposted Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 9:35 am
dj-in-norway wrote :

you cant access your home pc from work, thats not what the feature is, and that would be quite impossible;)

What is meant is that if you are online at home, but not at dj gig, you can cache/save your netsearch results for offline use
rightclick any result in netsearch, and choose "Save to cache" ;)

I saw this last nightwhen I was at home and online with VDJ, but not sure exactly what the "save to cache" means. Are you saying that you can bring a song into your database permanently and then play it any time after saved to cache, as if you own it??

geposted Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 10:29 am

yes, cached files are on your drive.

just copy the cache files to your harddrive that you use for gigs:)
(the cache folder is my documents/virtualdjhj/cache)

The files are of course DRM protected, and works in VDJ only :)

geposted Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 10:31 am
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
So the DRM is only there to limit its use to VDJ only? I can use a downloaded cached file on any machine running VDJ 6?

geposted Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 2:53 pm
yes

Say you download at your desktop, copy the files to exernal drive..
And use this external drive with VDJ6 on a laptop

:)

geposted Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 3:32 pm
chise1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Is there a time limit for how long the cached songs will work? I'm not asking about months or years, but would one be safe if a song was saved to cache for perhaps a week or will the DRM render the song non-working after a short time?

Thanks

geposted Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 4:28 pm
yes, but after some time..

As long as you are VDJ user, you're fine ;)
Just make sure you long into VDJ internet tab from times to time, or you can rightclick the files, and choose update DRM

geposted Tue 02 Jun 09 @ 4:30 pm
how to do that if virtual dj is crack

geposted Mon 22 Jun 09 @ 4:44 pm
djmadmaster324 wrote :
how to do that if virtual dj is crack

good one........You can't do it unless you have purhased VDJ.

geposted Mon 22 Jun 09 @ 7:12 pm
What if you transfer the cache file to a laptop that never uses the internet? Can I expect the files to suddenly stop working on that laptop because I haven't connected to the virtual dj site and logged in with the offline laptop? I use one laptop for practicing that goes online and one that is strictly for gig use only; never has seen the net.

geposted Tue 23 Jun 09 @ 12:21 pm
please tell ;)

geposted Thu 25 Jun 09 @ 4:14 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Please do not tell. This is not permitted. If this is found to be happening your netsearch license can be removed.

geposted Thu 25 Jun 09 @ 8:13 am
I Appreciate the reasons for Atomix not wanting there DRM to be bypassed,
but seems threads on breaking DRM in Itunes was ok when itunes had DRM.
but alas i dont no how to do this:(

but, how things change.

Just look at these posts from VIP member and Atomix teamer from 2001...

mama - Ultra-VIP Member
Posted Sun 04 Mar 01 @ 3:29 pm
I downloaded from napster, but the quality of most mp3´s isn´t really good.
With gnutella, the downloads usually get interupted.

No license user
Posted Wed 07 Mar 01 @ 11:46 am
Hi, I use Audiogalaxy quite a lot. It has the nice feature of being able to resume your downloads and the ability to choose which bitrate you want to download. Obviously this is limited by the users who have encoded the original files.

mama - Ultra-VIP Member
Posted Wed 07 Mar 01 @ 4:21 pm
Wow, Audiogalaxy is hot! Really good alternative site!

Dams - Atomix Productions
Honorary teamer

Posted Thu 22 Mar 01 @ 7:54 am
To find MP3 on all the OpenMap Servers (such as Napster but also many others) you can proceed as this:

- Download File Navigator ar http://www.filenavigator.com
a client such as Napster but better because it can search across many networks and support resuming files

- Download Napigator (go on http://www.download.com) and launch it to have a big list of OpenMap networks available in the world

- Add many servers to the File Navigator's server list (I personnaly have about 20 servers in my list)

- Then search your files and download them !

geposted Thu 25 Jun 09 @ 6:30 pm
ok i wont tell

geposted Sun 28 Jun 09 @ 12:13 am
m-longHome userMember since 2009
i have full version but my netsearch keeps asking me to go here, why? Thanks

geposted Sat 12 Sep 09 @ 2:56 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Netsearch is for licensed users only. If your copy of VirtualDJ is a legal version, please register it on these forums for full access to the Netsearch feature.

geposted Sat 12 Sep 09 @ 3:12 pm
mobiledjsteve wrote :
What if you transfer the cache file to a laptop that never uses the internet? Can I expect the files to suddenly stop working on that laptop because I haven't connected to the virtual dj site and logged in with the offline laptop? I use one laptop for practicing that goes online and one that is strictly for gig use only; never has seen the net.

They will expire as mine did. Surprise surprise, cause I ain't takin' my laptop on the net.

geposted Tue 15 Sep 09 @ 5:03 pm
As Mike thought, I thought that you could get your music off a PC at home whilst at a gig.

geposted Tue 15 Sep 09 @ 5:11 pm
50%