Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Photo of my setup - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

AdonnyHome userMember since 2005
Yeah yeah... Getting full Version tomorrow! Yeah yeah...:)
I would like to share what the full version should b specting... here is the PIC:

By the way thanx for all the help in passed posts (shotOut to TechnicalDJ).. yea yeah.

geposted Thu 31 Mar 05 @ 6:21 pm
djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
well......that's a verry nice set-up....
i like the cases..

geposted Thu 31 Mar 05 @ 6:38 pm
Looks like some fine furniture you're sittin on. Hope those flight cases don't scratch it up while you are gettin loose on the TCV. Also, it looks like the monitor is just perched up there. How stable is it sitting there? How portable is this setup, I mean you have to have a table setup wherever you play right, and then you have to re-assemble and de-assemble this rig for each gig right?

I have a minimum of stuff to do on my rig and it still requires some steps:

1.) Fold out portable keyboard stand
2.) Set xp10/laptop coffin on stand
3.) Take laptop out of my laptop bag, set it on coffin and plug in power and 2 dangling usb cables

DJ rig is ready to go,.. now:

4.) Position and fold out speaker stands
5.) Put the JBL speakers on the stands
6.) Plug the dangling 1/4" TRS cables from my mixer to each speaker

Not a lot of steps but at least 10 minutes worth,.. and that is with everything travelling already connected!

geposted Thu 31 Mar 05 @ 6:55 pm

geposted Thu 31 Mar 05 @ 7:10 pm
well, the case are stable they have rubber pads under it so they wont go nowhere and the monitor goes inside the mixer case in a rear slot. and they r very portable, ROAD READY cases so no problem with that. my only problem now is that i hve wooden floor and everytime I step hard on the floor, needles jump on the m5g's, any tips on that? lol

I'm also getting a bluetooth mini-keyboard

geposted Thu 31 Mar 05 @ 7:10 pm
yeah i do have something like that but only use it for the road. use the table at home, feels better.

geposted Thu 31 Mar 05 @ 7:12 pm
I also got a DJ table cover to take care of the table... i should show u how it looks now that pic was 2 weeks ago, i already made some upgrades.

geposted Thu 31 Mar 05 @ 7:16 pm
nice setup :) and look forward to seeing you as a full member

geposted Thu 31 Mar 05 @ 7:20 pm

geposted Thu 31 Mar 05 @ 9:04 pm
AGREE 100% with u OO... I remember when i started to get my equipment I was looking everywhere for pics of VDJ setups to c how it would look... seeing is believing.. it'll make ppl get more into VDJ 4 sure.

geposted Thu 31 Mar 05 @ 9:28 pm
Once I get my complete setup and VDJ I'll post some pics of my roadcase with laptop running VDJ as well to show the difference between having 3 seperate road cases or having 1 huge roadcase to carry all.

should be within 1 month I hope.

geposted Thu 31 Mar 05 @ 9:49 pm

geposted Thu 31 Mar 05 @ 10:14 pm
lol yeah hehehe... yeah that was me confused 8-l
to DJ_whiteDevil: the reason individual cases 1. because i might get a bigger mixer someday " u never
know" 2. more portable, to travel over seas etc. all in one is too heavy, too big, wont fit in any car's trunk.. lol 3. just a personal opinion; looks more proffessional..

i think it depends on ur situation.

geposted Thu 31 Mar 05 @ 10:32 pm
yeah but heavy is not always a bad thing (look at it if your loading up your equipment and someone tries to take off with something) I know its quite big and once its fit that's it! But in my case I only use a 10" mixer between my 2 TTs and will be getting another set of TTs with a 10" mixer and then throw an external mixer in its own case. Another nice thing about having 1 big roadcase is the fact that less cables hang out of it and when arriving at a gig you don't need to run extra cables. (Yeah you can call me lazy...I don't mind LOL)

So for my use...1 road case seemed to be my best bet although I did think about either seperate or whole for a while before chosing.

Good thing about having seperate cases for each would be changing the way the TTs are placed (battle or standard) placing a mixer in between your TTs (no matter what the size) less weight to carry at one time (Big advantage if you finish at 4am and your dead tired)

before chosing on a case though you should always consider the future uses first! I own a van so the big 4' case doesn't bother me much although if I would have a small car it would definatelly be an issue. Weight for me isn't too bad since I have the wheels to drag it around with me more easily.

I love the fact that I see different road cases and each one adapts to each person as to what they prefer. Its great customizations and gives ideas to others who want to make their DJ lives easier and more portable.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

geposted Thu 31 Mar 05 @ 10:58 pm
@ DJ WhiteDVL

How long have you been a "demo" user. I mean I would like to see you as a full member of VDJ. After all you have alot of knowledge of the system, you hooked up TechnicalDJ and you are always willing to help others. You would make great member of "our team".

@ Adonny

Yes by all means get the full version. It would also be good to see you soon as a full ver$ion u$er. I mean hell you have bling in order to get that nice set up. :~)
Like to see more of your set up soon. Keep them pix coming...

MS

geposted Thu 31 Mar 05 @ 11:12 pm
DJ Maddsound This weekend I will be sending my payment for the full version so the full member status really depends on how quick Atomix can update my profile from then.

Yeah I like to help out when I can and the demo ran out a few weeks ago but I haven't had much time lately to test it out although I know for a fact I can't go wrong with the purchase.

I can hook up any members wanting to upload information or files without any problem.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

geposted Thu 31 Mar 05 @ 11:42 pm
I feeling ya!

Cool!

MS

geposted Fri 01 Apr 05 @ 1:30 am
djltHome userMember since 2005
Hey Adonny,

That is one sick set up mate - Was wondering what's your email?

DJLT

geposted Fri 01 Apr 05 @ 3:03 am
WOW man WOW. terrific set-up. please. tell me your hardware config. i would really like to set something like this for myself. really profy' stuff man. and could you please give an estimate on the costs of this endeavour. (to know if i should start cryin or not :) ).
thanx in advance

geposted Fri 01 Apr 05 @ 1:23 pm
the cost of full legal version of Virtual DJ should at least be included :) hope to see ya all as full members soon :)

geposted Fri 01 Apr 05 @ 1:32 pm
74%