Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: External Database Manager...

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I know there have been discussions on this in the past, but I may have hit on an idea that people with the tech know how may wanna get involved with.

We've discussed on many occasions that:

the DB interface on VDJ can be somewhat fiddly (ordering of virtual folders, etc)
the DB is read only
the DB has to be updated each time you add new tracks

I've just been playing with MediaMonkey (MM) again and have now written my first, and very simple, script that pads the track number out with leading zeros (I did say it was simple). However having a very quick nose around at the extent of openness of the MM scrpting interface, I am wondering whether we should write a few add-ons/scripts and use the MM engine for managing our collections.

Here's me high-level requirements of what I think we could achieve:

1. For those of us that store our collections both on a PC and external HDD:
a. Recognise the "VirtualDJ Database vX" and HDD as a syncable device
b. Keep the files in sync by only copying new/changed files between the two collections
c. automatically updating the vX database with the new changed tracks

2. Be able to manage our virtual folders from within the MM interface

3. Be able to write back the information VDJ collects like BPM to the MM database and then to the ID3 tag

MediaMonkey has been designed to be open, so why not take advantage...?

If anyone is interested we can either keep on discussing here or take it to PM/e-mail.

One additional point, would the Atomix team be willing to support such an effort with information on the VDJ XML schema etc...?

Cheers,

Roy

geposted Thu 22 Oct 09 @ 7:05 am
This is a very old post, but this is a GREAT IDEA and I actually stumbled on this thread searching google for "manage dj database"

geposted Sun 06 Mar 11 @ 9:27 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
This is more like a wish, so i will move this to the Wishes and New Features Forum.

geposted Sun 06 Mar 11 @ 10:01 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)