Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Problem of sudden Tempo changes

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

GSollemHome userMember since 2010
Hello everyone,

I'll start of with explaining my problem in a scheme:

>>DECK 1_________________DECK 2
>>Song 1_________________Song 2
>>138 BPM________________128 => 138 BPM
>>Crossfader: || - - - - - - - - - - -

Supposing that Song 1 has a BPM-rate of 138 and Song 2 has a BPM-rate of 128, I start playing Song 1. Then I drag Song 2 onto DECK 1 (or I drag it onto D1 before Song 1 start playing, it has the same effect) and its tempo (or BPM-rate) synchronizes automatically from 128 to 138. Untill here, this is what I have in mind.
But then, when Song 1 has faded out and Song 2 is the only song playing, I make myself up for a new song. Song 3. It has a BPM-rate of 128.

>>----------_________________Song 2
>>--- BPM__________________138 BPM
>>Crossfader: - - - - - - - - - - - ||

Now, when Song 2 is playing at 138BPM-rate, I drag Song 3 onto DECK 1 and this is what happens:

>>Song 3_________________Song 2
>>128 BPM_________________138 => 128 BPM
>>Crossfader: - - - - - - - - - - - ||

A sudden tempo change appears in Song 2 while it's playing, and the BPM-rate changes immediately, slowing down the song in an unpleasant way.

How can I make sure that Song 2 keeps its 138 BPM-rate and song 3 adapts to the 138 BPM-rate?

Any answers?
Thank you very much.

GSollem.

geposted Thu 07 Jan 10 @ 3:58 am
Hmm.. it looks like you have beatlock on.

This is how you can turn it off.

1. Go to CONFIG, then go to MAPPERS.
2. Make sure the mapper is your KEYBOARD.
3. Click 'new' on the bottom of the list.
4. Take any button on your keyboard that you want to turn BEATLOCK off with, and in the action text box type: beatlock
5. Press OK.
6. Press the button that you mapped beatlock with.
7. Mix away!

FOR EXAMPLE (If you don't understand)!

If I want to use the letter U on my keyboard to turn off beatlock, I would click new, press U and then type beatlock in the textbox.

Hope this helps! If you still have the problem post it!

geposted Thu 07 Jan 10 @ 5:54 pm
You obviously did not understand what he said.

The problem is that the PLAYING song suddenly changed tempo to match the newly loaded song.

It should have been the new song that changed to match the playing song.

When a song is playing to the audience and they are dancing, the LAST thing you want is for the tempo to suddenly change!

geposted Sat 09 Jan 10 @ 7:51 am
Yea beatlock will deal with that. Its just beatlock is enabled on the playing deck

geposted Sat 09 Jan 10 @ 2:31 pm
Why is it when you load d-n-b tracks into the deck . The bpm reader is not correct half the time.

geposted Tue 12 Jan 10 @ 7:33 pm
Its because the beat counter uses a 4x4 system, drum and bass isn't 4x4 on many tracks its more like 6 or 7 staggered beats over a 4bar therefore its harder for the software to identify the BPM.

geposted Sat 17 Apr 10 @ 5:15 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)