Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VDJ info

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi all

Im Back :)

I have tryed to take some of my VDJ info(cues, bpm) from my desktop to my laptop just by copying the mp3 over to the laptop. This did not work. What should I have done?

geposted Thu 12 May 05 @ 3:27 pm
The VDJ tag info is just saved in new files that are analyzed in 2.1 i think

not sure...

geposted Thu 12 May 05 @ 3:32 pm
From what I read if say that the info will be put into the ID3tag. "all vdj infos (cues, bpm, etc) are saved inside ID3 tags (and therefore can be passed on another computer just by copying the song file, or can serve as a backup in case you delete the internal database file)" I take this to the info should be in the tag somewhere.

geposted Thu 12 May 05 @ 4:05 pm
did you enable write idtags by the way? just to make sure... :)

geposted Thu 12 May 05 @ 7:31 pm
yes I tryed that

geposted Thu 12 May 05 @ 8:17 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
write vdj tags = write personal VDJ data into id3tags of your file song
So if you want read them on another computer, you have to read id3tags in vdj

geposted Fri 13 May 05 @ 1:02 am
YOu have to reanalyse the tracks in order to get tags written in id3tags. Your older files are analysed and info's are stored in xml file only.
Maybe just adding a cuepoint is enough for VDJ to write ALL into id3tag and you will not lost your fineadjustmensts and cues..

Did not find a way to sync ALL song and put whats inside xmls file into each mp3 :-(

but I think you should be able to transfer the songs and xml file (or merge the two xml files from new and old computer) to a new computer delete mp3files.txt (or so) in your vdj directory and rescan your HDD for files, but do not use deep analysis. Vdj will search the drive and if filesize and some things matches it will look the details in the xml file.

so this way you don't have to reanalyze the BMP for all files, and you will not lost your cuepoints.

geposted Fri 13 May 05 @ 1:40 pm
thanks lopez I will try all of this when I get home

geposted Fri 13 May 05 @ 5:52 pm
Copy the xml fille ONLY... and rescan to make NEW mp3database.txt on different PC works fine

geposted Fri 13 May 05 @ 5:59 pm
DJ RazPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Copy over the "VirtualDJ Database.xml" file that you find in "program files/virtualDJ"
AND make sure your mp3 folder on your laptop has the same name and the same path as the one on the desktop.

If your mp3s are in C:\mp3s\vdj\ on your desktop they need to be in C:\mp3s\vdj\ on your laptop for VDJ to use the database info on them.

geposted Fri 13 May 05 @ 6:34 pm
"...make sure your mp3 folder on your laptop has the same name and the same path as the one on the desktop...."

does not have to be the same folder/path

Just DONT copy the mp3database.txt, JUST the database.xml

Rescan hardrive on new PC, and VDJ will rebuild mp3database.txt
And all info will be restored ;) because the XML database identifies all the mp3s

geposted Fri 13 May 05 @ 7:22 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
And this is what i like most of Virtualdj... and maybe the #1 reason i choose it, believe it or not.

geposted Sat 14 May 05 @ 4:32 am
Thanks all good work on this for me

much love

geposted Sat 14 May 05 @ 6:10 am
in atomix i could search for a song on hard drive and it would show up. but on vdj i have to click on the folder that the song is in to find it. if not it doesnt show up thanks. i am a paying user of atomix and vdj thanks ricky

geposted Sun 04 Sep 05 @ 12:19 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Right click on the highest level folder of your file structure, select 'Show All' from the menu. Now you can get access to all the files within that structure. Also, if you click on any other folder then VDJ will recurse that structure level.

Also, don't forget you can right click on any folder and choose 'Add to search Database', then all you need to do is click on the 'Database' from the left panel of the browser and search your database of entries.

cstoll

geposted Sun 04 Sep 05 @ 7:33 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)