Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Mixer Opinion - Denon or Pioneer

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hello all. I'd appreciate an opinion or two. I have already killed my Numark mixer and I'm not going to spend the money to replace a crossfader since I'll likely be doing it every month. I am choosing between two mixers right now.

The Denon 300. It has 3 channel which aren't essential to me and a penny and giles crossfader.
http://www.pssl.com/bitemdetail.tpl?waGroup1datarq=[waGroup1datarq]&eqint_KeyIDdata=38868&itemNumber=[item_number]&UID=2004070212472196&disp_IMG=Y&catgroup=%5BcatGroup%5D

The other is the Pioneer 707 - which has an optical crossfader. Both have all the features I need. I'm not that familiar with what an optical crossfader is although I believe it means no contact which means now wear. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/fg=101/g=dj/s=mixers/search/detail/base_pid/630305/

I scratch heavily and beat mix a wide range of music. I'd appreciate some thoughts. Thanks.

geposted Thu 12 May 05 @ 5:11 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
pioneer doesn't have EQ-kill buttons. I like to see them on external mixer. I have Denon 300 at home. I never tryed pioneer 707, but i can tell you 300 works great!

Dj Nikki

geposted Thu 12 May 05 @ 5:52 pm
Thanks Nikki. How long have you had it and do you scratch? I just want to be certain I purchase one that the crossfader will hold up for a while.

geposted Thu 12 May 05 @ 8:37 pm
I have both both mixers. You can see my 707 in the TCV videos...and see my dnX300 in the club video with my denons. I can say flat out the the DNX300 is a better mixer. It sounds better (I think) and everything feels reeally nice on it. also- the crossfader is MUCH better than the 707 mixer. and as nikki said- it has kill switches... which are killer! everything on that mixer is great. DEFINITELY go for the denon. I do alot of scratching...and have recently done a battle with the denon- worked perfect. I've heard many a great thing about penny and giles crossfaders...So i wouldn't worry about it wearing out for at least 3 or 4 years of heavy use.

geposted Thu 12 May 05 @ 8:46 pm
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004

geposted Thu 12 May 05 @ 9:34 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
what more can i say? :) TechnicalDJ told everything you need. I actually just started with turntables, but i used mixer long time ago with cd-players. I can't live without kill switches :)

Dj Nikki

geposted Thu 12 May 05 @ 9:51 pm
The kill switches are key I agree...even the 3rd channel I can find something to do with. I wonder what the zero sounds like on the 707 though...might be just like kill and I've found doesn't really make a difference mix wise b/c you can do it fast enough. If you read the forums of the link a few posts above, they say the P & G crossfader broke down on a few. I think I'm leaning towards the Pioneer. But that would be against DJ Righteous and that seems wrong. These forums are incredible. Thanks to everyone for sharing.

geposted Fri 13 May 05 @ 1:20 am
I re-read Technical/Righteous/VDJ Video Guy post and I'm sold. I'll go Denon on this one. Just ordered it. I'm sure it's got a replaceable crossfader if I need it. I hope heavy scratching is "beat the crap out of the stuff" as he mentioned. Quick plug for TT - 500's turntables....they are solid and underrated. The Numark mixer...1002 MKII was great. It had all the features I was looking for and performed well for about 3 months. The crossfader is cracking now. But I really did abuse it, so if you're just learning it's a good mixer. (I just had to lay it to rest nicely....it's been good to me :))

geposted Fri 13 May 05 @ 3:53 am
hey also- on that numark mixer- you might need to just put a LITTLE oil on the contact strip. Some tuner control spray works great- you can get it at radio shaak. if not a little vegetable oil would work. This can fix some cracking sound coming from the crossfaders.

geposted Fri 13 May 05 @ 7:51 am
djej.

Also visit the www.denondj.com for other features.. Denon has a great support program where if your unit has issues you can phone them under warranty and they will issue a call-tag to get it on the bench in 48hrs and returned to you on their dime. This is great support and a solid stance by them to support what they sell...

Enjoy that unit I have a 1500 and thats a good crossfader...

Also, if you are into scratching check out your local Guitar Center - they are having Scratch competitions every Wenesday evening..

Musically Yours

http://www.cpsdj.com

geposted Fri 13 May 05 @ 6:03 pm
The Denon is on it's way..Thanks for the help. I'll write if the crossader fails too quickly.

geposted Sun 15 May 05 @ 3:49 am
UREI 1620 Original

Got one, Not for sale.

geposted Sun 15 May 05 @ 5:14 pm
I remember her well. Too funny that it's a hot item now. I really didn't like it. True you can turn a knob as fast and quick as a traditional crossfader but it alway's seemed strange. Man I spent about two years in a club with this mixer...good memories, thanks WDJ. I didn't know it was still around.

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/page/shop/news_story/a/news_id/e/168

I spent days/hours/nights with that mixer...never failed :)

geposted Mon 16 May 05 @ 3:29 am
Alright..I have to finish this thread with some thanks. I love the Denon. Received it last night and beat the hell out of it for an hour. I am amazed at the difference going from a $100 Numark mixer to the Denon 300. The crossfader adjustments improve scratching 200%. Thanks to all who shared their personal experiences. This mixer feels wonderful and sounds even better. Now one question I have, is that going from a Numark 1002 MKII to the Denon was a leap of about 300%. Is it the same leap again if I went for a $1000 Pioneer or Rane mixer? I am really just amazed at the difference in scratching with this mixer vs. the Numark (which I confess I was quite happy with performance wise other then the crossfader started to crackle).

geposted Wed 18 May 05 @ 2:53 pm
from MOST $300 mixers, jumping up to the rane or pios that are more WOULD be a big difference...but jumping from that X300 to the rane really isn't that big a difference. My buddy has a rane...and we've played on both QUITE a bit. Yeah the rane is a little nicer...a little smoother...but I can't see the justification for spending $400 more for it. If anything I think the Denon should be around 500.

geposted Thu 19 May 05 @ 12:49 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)