Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Noob questions

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

glostixHome userMember since 2009
With certain songs, the bass notes become very "punchy" and too powerful when I am crossfading, typically when the crossfader is at 50%. How can I avoid this? Just move the crossfader faster?

Also, what is gain and what is the importance of it?

geposted Mon 25 Jan 10 @ 8:21 pm
I would recommend the simple method of reducing the bass on the song that’s playing while fading in the next song. Some DJs like to reduce the bass in the song that's being faded into the mix. However, it is too easy for a beginner to forget to restore the bass back to the song that was faded into the mix. Nevertheless, try both methods and use what works best for you.

OO

geposted Mon 25 Jan 10 @ 9:15 pm
glostixHome userMember since 2009
Thank you, and what is gain?

geposted Tue 26 Jan 10 @ 12:31 pm
Gain has several meanings in sound theory. However, the simplest definition that I can give you is that the gain located on a channel of your mixer controls the signal strength of music flowing throw the same channel. This is different than volume, although distinguishing the two can get confusing. Here is an example to help you better understand: Let’s say you are listening to your radio and start losing the signal. If you had a gain control on your radio (known as a signal booster), it would allow you to increase the signal strength that you are receiving for better reception. However, the volume control would only make the poor reception sound louder if you increased it. I hope this explanation helps.

OO

geposted Tue 26 Jan 10 @ 2:40 pm
ondryaHome userMember since 2010
hey i'm seriously brand new to the djing thing, hope someone can help me out...super nube question, where can i get vocals only so that i can add in my own beats or mix in other songs without all the background music from the original track? is there a way of removing the music or just
isolating the vocals with virtual dj???

geposted Mon 08 Feb 10 @ 11:22 am
ondryaHome userMember since 2010
hey guys i'm seriously brand new to the djing thing, hope someone can help me out...super nube question, where can i get vocals only so that i can add in my own beats or mix in other songs without all the background music from the original track? is there a way of removing the music or just isolating the vocals with virtual dj???

geposted Mon 08 Feb 10 @ 11:26 am
oh ur asking about the acapellas, hmm acapellas usually are public only for the most famous songs, so u don't have acapella for every song that u want, but for surely u have

for example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rc_todeslc

=)

geposted Thu 11 Mar 10 @ 5:17 pm
I forgot to tell you some tips

You can do the acapella almost in every instrumental that u take but it must depend on the pitch, so before you do experiment look after the pitch on the right or the left side (depends in which deck have u play the acapella song) and then make it balance so it will go with the song

P.S. try that link that i've posted earlier and this one so it will be almost a perfect match : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1atKxoER_p0 (look after the pitch!!)

geposted Thu 11 Mar 10 @ 5:23 pm
Search forums for acappella's, u can buy accepella albums also or some people put them up on forums. I personally think paying for accapella's is stupid and you should be able to get them for free, its different from pirating an actual song. I only have to quote the Amen loop on that subject.
As above many songs don't have an accapella out there in the public domain. I do know certain producers that do put vocals out into the public domain with the attention of having people plagiarize them.
If someone creates a song using one and that song makes money then the writer and also the label who owns the rights can make royalties. Sometimes the singer will make money as well depending on the contract they have. So putting these things into public domain can benefit everyone.

geposted Sat 17 Apr 10 @ 4:42 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)