Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: quite a nooby question

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

de_lesPRO InfinityMember since 2010
heya guys :)

i have some question wich is bothering me for a while now...

maybe somebody can help me out with it?

on virtual dj if you look at the waveform of on song,and the other the beats totally clash with eachother

when 2 songs are synched,they are off beat so if i spin the wheel of my rmx a bit backwards or forward they play beat on beat...
but after 10 seconds or so they are of beat again...

is there a solution to make this work?a trick?or are some songs just not made to be mixed together?

lesly

geposted Tue 09 Feb 10 @ 5:05 pm
Hi Les

First for honest my word here is copied from another post I have read in this forum, unfortunatily I can't remember from which member as I red it sometime ago before I register to the forum.
Well, the waveform is only make it close to you however you should depend on your ears all the time (simpley because you're the only one who see this wafeform but your audiences only hear the sound), and try to adjust the BPM manually for the anticepated song over different parts of the song.
Also try to play the 2 songs from the same Key, dominant, or sub-dominant, this will keep both songs in synch for long patterns (of course when you set the BPM correctly)

Good luck

geposted Mon 15 Feb 10 @ 4:56 am
craighPRO InfinityMember since 2008
It would appear to me that most songs are recorded with a metronome so that they stay on beat but some songs are not recorded with a metronome and they tend to drift off beat. You need to constantly correct these songs. As M-Possible says, always check the waveform with your ear before bringing a mix live and while mixing live. This takes a lot of practice but it's worth it.

PS. when I say a lot, I'm talking months or years to learn to mix by ear but It really is worth it.

geposted Mon 01 Mar 10 @ 5:45 am
Another thing is to do the pitch fade manually as the BPM count displayed might be out slightly. In the olden days this was the only option, The BPM sync is an added bonus and speeds things up but manual tweaking is still needed.

geposted Sat 17 Apr 10 @ 4:59 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)