Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Name That Tune

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

djreneePRO InfinityMember since 2004
I ran across this video a couple of years ago and it's become a local favorite. (Why I'm not exactly sure)
My problem is I don't have a CLUE who this is. The video was given to me without a name. So when peeps ask me "who does this video" I feel pretty STUPID saying I don't have any idea.

Anyone who can help me name this tune will be rewarded with riches beyond your wildest dreams.

Here's a piece of the video. http://home.comcast.net/~thirdrock/Nameit.mp4

geposted Sat 10 Apr 10 @ 12:22 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
great party track, need to add that to the collection, somebody must know it so i can go order it.

geposted Sat 10 Apr 10 @ 2:23 pm
It's gets even better with a pretty cool "white boy rap" thing later in the video. I didn't want to post too much and have someone push the no file sharing alarm. Talya I know it was on a DVD that was produced in the UK. It had this track and others but I didn't recgonize ANY of the artists. The DVD may have been called "Summer Dance" and the artists name my be YANKE? This is all I know.

I've wore out my GOOGELER trying to find the DVD or information with no luck.

geposted Sat 10 Apr 10 @ 3:24 pm
obviously you got more chance of listening to the words, have you tried one of those music finder sites...

geposted Sat 10 Apr 10 @ 5:09 pm
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Here you go Renee. Don't ask me how I know, lol

Chris Anderson & DJ Robbie - Last Night

Commercial crap, but I can see why it's so popular.....

geposted Sun 11 Apr 10 @ 3:42 am
Jimmy you are a little gem mate, been doin' my head in that one.

geposted Sun 11 Apr 10 @ 4:03 am
He is a little Gem indeed! And you should be proud, 40 views before anyone could identify this little diddy. I don't know why this thing is such a hit but it grabs the kids and the older folks as well. Then again it's hard to go wrong with hot chicks blowing a saxophone.

Now I have to work on getting Jimmy his "riches beyond his wildest dreams" which is going to be HELL in this slow economy.
Tayla, do you think he would settle for a hot chick blowing his sax? :-)

Thanks JimmyB

geposted Sun 11 Apr 10 @ 8:37 am
bogartPRO InfinityMember since 2004
People have been doing a line dance to this for about 2 years now.
Isn't it a remake of the one done by the Marcels?

geposted Sun 11 Apr 10 @ 9:00 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
djrenee wrote :

Thanks JimmyB

No worries my dear.

When I heard it I knew I had it in my collection somewhere. As I was setting up last night I had a quick flick though my "Cheese" folder ( where I put all the chessy party classic) and found it. I ripped it from a Party CD a couple of years ago.

djrenee wrote :

do you think he would settle for a hot chick blowing his sax? :-)

Wouldn't mind at all ;)

geposted Sun 11 Apr 10 @ 9:39 am
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
djrenee wrote :
Then again it's hard to go wrong with hot chicks blowing a saxophone.

There was a saxophone in that video! Guess my eyes were wandering a bit!

geposted Sun 11 Apr 10 @ 3:32 pm
and thank you very much for yet another annoying little snippet that i freakin cant get out of my head - and if ANYONE gets the bright idea to start trying to make that song a comeback track and it gets back here and my pack of idiots pardon - customers try to line dance to it - i WILL cut off jimmyB's alcohol supply!

ba ba boop ba ba....oh please..makeit stop.

geposted Mon 12 Apr 10 @ 6:17 am
I haven't found anyone (customer) who's knows this song much less knows it's a line dance. That being said I'll take this over playing the ELECTRIC SLIDE, CASPER SLIDE or The CUPID SHUFFLE ever gain as long as I live.

Ba ba boop ba ba!!!!!

geposted Mon 12 Apr 10 @ 9:42 am
there is a worse song than those - Steve Earle's "Copperhead Road"

as soon as they here the bagpipes in the intro they start heading for the floor like Pavlov's dogs drooling when the bell was rung.

my goal when i stop working there is to find some place on planet where they've never heard of linedancing.

geposted Mon 12 Apr 10 @ 6:06 pm
so....just a smidge off-topic?

geposted Thu 15 Apr 10 @ 10:31 am
It was also PLAIN AWFUL. (I assume since he dumped that link in MY POST he wanted my critique.

geposted Thu 15 Apr 10 @ 10:59 am
He's dumped it everywhere other than the bin!!!

geposted Thu 15 Apr 10 @ 3:14 pm
I would pretty much consider him a spammer, and he should be treated as such.

geposted Thu 15 Apr 10 @ 4:00 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)