Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Scratching without a crossfader?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I've been using a Behringer DDM4000 mixer and my crossfader recently crapped out after many hours of practice and play. The only problem is that its almost impossible to find a Behringer supplier that has a crossfader or can quickly order a crossfader in my area (probably the last time I'll buy Behringer for that reason) but anyways, I can't find a crossfader for a party I'll be DJ ing a week from now. I play all kinds of genres: electro, house, hip hop but I was hoping to throw down some scratching that night. I know that the baby scratch is still an option as well as other basic scratches but I wanted to do scratchs which require quickly kiling the sound.

The only thing is that I've been practicing my cut offs using my crossfader and don't know any other way to quickly kill the sound. I've heard of people using the line/phono switch on their mixer, but rather than a switch its a button on my mixer and doesnt quite have the sensitivity or reaction speed I need.

Are there any ways to cut the sound quickly, besides the crossfader?

geposted Thu 24 Jun 10 @ 6:36 am
DJLo50PRO InfinityMember since 2009
Try your volume sliders

geposted Sat 26 Jun 10 @ 12:28 am
Yeah use the upfaders and depending on the type of mixer you have you should be able to adjust the curve of it. If you cant I would suggest getting a new mixer.

Huey

geposted Sun 27 Jun 10 @ 11:36 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)