Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: TIME CODE

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

After ignoring all the topics on time coded vinyls , I now want to gain some knowledge about it.Can some one give me a brief over view of what it is all about.

geposted Sun 12 Jun 05 @ 4:28 am
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
A time-coded vinyl is a real vinyl but without any sound. It only contains time marks.
You plug your vinyl table onto your soundcard (line-in) and load a track on VirtualDJ.
This way you can play your track with your viny, exactly like if this track would be the vinyl.

geposted Sun 12 Jun 05 @ 4:43 am
@ clax

IF u are still log on visit VDJ chat please I have plenty questions to askI will be waiting thank u.

geposted Sun 12 Jun 05 @ 5:17 am
@ clax

IF u are still log on visit VDJ chat please I have plenty questions to askI will be waiting thank u.

geposted Sun 12 Jun 05 @ 5:17 am
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
@sean rasta

I have a few minutes if you go on VDJ chat I'll try and answer. Post on this board that you're available. I'll check back in a few minutes.

geposted Sun 12 Jun 05 @ 5:22 am
yah djej respond if u there

geposted Sun 12 Jun 05 @ 6:13 am
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You're not on the chat now but no problem you can ask each question you want.
Don't forget to make a search on the forum to see if the answers aren't written yet.

We all will help you.

geposted Tue 14 Jun 05 @ 9:17 pm
I'm actually here too SeanRasta but Clax is right...just list all the questions you have. TCV works just like you hope it would.

geposted Thu 16 Jun 05 @ 1:32 am
MAYA 44 is it a must to have to be able to use time coded vinyl

I still dont fully understand what it all about but will try my best to .I still have questions that will sound silly like where I load sounds from ,CDs on the mixxer or from the computer.

I ask alot of questions lately to find out what is the best CD mixxer available right now and every one told me NUMARK is the best .Now if i was to buy a NUMARK mixxer will be compatible with a full version VDJ

I want your advice on the best mixxer to buy .

thanks for support djej and dj Clax must chat in VDJ chat soon again

geposted Thu 16 Jun 05 @ 8:28 am
I check numark web and saw the best mixxer available" fusion808 "cd mixxer.Tell me will I be able to use this WITH VDJ TIME CODED VINYL

geposted Sat 18 Jun 05 @ 9:18 pm
Ok, Ok...Let me try and give you a little background to help you understand. The whole Time Code "control" process is just that...it controls the music playing on your computer. CD Players, like the Numarks or Denon's, use Time Coded CD'S. They are made by downloading the Time Code information from this site and then burning your own disc. You then insert the disc into the CD Player, follow all the settings for time code setup, soundcard set up etc... and then when you hit play on the CD Player, the digital music file on your computer will activate. The Time Code CD sends data to the VDJ software, through your soundcard, and is interpreted in VDJ. It's called time code because it is sending the position of the song (in time) to VDJ.

Now, Time Coded Vinyl works exactly the same way. However, you purchase the Time Coded Vinyl here from the website and you get the Vinyl 12" Record. It then plays on a turntable and controls VDJ the same way.

MIXER - You need to have an external mixer to use Time Code (I believe)...definitely want one even it's possible without. Are you with me buddy? Follow the digital path on this conversation.

You put needle on the Time Coded Record - it sends signals to your soundcard (and Yes I use and recommend the Maya 44 usb), the soundcard passes them on to the VDJ software to tell the software to play (and scratch, etc) the digital music file. The Music file plays and sends the output to the soundcard, which then connects to your mixer. Your Mixer is then connected to your Stereo. Turn up the volume on your stereo and your jammin'.

Hope this helps...and NO you can't use Time Coded Vinyl in a CD Player:) But you can use Time Coded CD's.

geposted Tue 21 Jun 05 @ 9:53 pm
NebulaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
So is it like this then?

VirtualDJ
^
||
v
Soundcard ---> Mixer --->Sound setup
^
||
Decks1&2

This is how i've gathered it to work? correct me if i'l wrong.

btw, how can u show pix in these messages? is there someway to upload? rather than a link to a site?

Cheers,
Nebula
:o)

geposted Tue 21 Jun 05 @ 11:49 pm
If I'm getting your arrows correctly then yes that's the flow of it. I'm sure someone could explain better technically but that's it. If you look under the TCV product it shows a diagram of how to set it up as well.

geposted Wed 22 Jun 05 @ 9:07 pm
NebulaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
kk cool cheers man

geposted Wed 22 Jun 05 @ 10:17 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)