Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Another Newbie

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Ohms123Home userMember since 2010
A big watsup to all the virtual DJs out there. I am still a beginner in the field but i am getting more and more experienced everyday. I just dont seem to get with using cues and loops. Can someone plz explain to me how/why lopps and cues are used?

geposted Fri 10 Sep 10 @ 9:02 am
cues r used to go to a point of the song in an instant, for cueing it in, or sampling it real quick,

loops are used to cue in the next song, or put a beat on another mix u have playing.

geposted Fri 10 Sep 10 @ 5:08 pm
dkboy24Home userMember since 2010
Dear Ohms123,

I am a newbie myself, but I've been hitting VDJ for at least an hour a day. I use the loops for repeating certain section of a song that I think sounds good. For example, if you loop 1, it will pretty much repeat the same word that was just said in a song. If you time it right, you can have that word or sound repeated one or two times, then click it off and continue the song.

Like what farhanashraf said, I use the cues to sample the next song I'm about to play or introduce a beat. Although if I'm trying to get the timing right, I find that its best to use the mouse to click on the cue button as opposed to actually hitting the keyboard hot key. I've found that I get about a millisecond delay when I use keyboard functions and even that small amount of time can throw the beat off a bit.

From one newbie to another, I hope this helps!! :)

geposted Tue 14 Sep 10 @ 1:44 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)