Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: scratch with samples

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
is it possible to scratch a sample that is loaded in, and if so once it would play the deck stops playing, would that have to be on repeat/loop? just thinking of things not covered in the demo

geposted Mon 20 Jun 05 @ 5:37 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
will you buy the software already

geposted Tue 21 Jun 05 @ 2:25 am
i will but i could work the soundcard to great its a SB live and the drivers for it sucks, i have tried others but didn't seem to do the trick so i'll planning to get more RAM and a Maya first

geposted Tue 21 Jun 05 @ 2:53 pm
*correction i couldn't work that soundcard

geposted Tue 21 Jun 05 @ 2:54 pm
I love these forums....lol

geposted Tue 21 Jun 05 @ 8:26 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
Sblive works fine with wdm/dx dirivers, (unless you need timecode) :)

geposted Wed 22 Jun 05 @ 3:13 am
yes i was using the TCV and sb live with the demo and it worked ok but the sound was static and it would lose the quality after 20-30 min of straight play., if i minimize the sound and quality would return. i think it might have to do with the fact i have 256 ram, who knows but i thinki need to get more ram and just settle with a MAYA 44 since the sb live drivers are bad. the audigy card and drivers are much better. for the price MAYA still sounds like a better fix. thats not that funny.....:

geposted Wed 22 Jun 05 @ 3:54 am
Back to the original question............does anyone know a way to load samples easily to one of the decks so you can scratch with them, without rerecording?

geposted Wed 22 Jun 05 @ 6:46 pm
here's a way I do it.

Open the file in a sound editing software (I use Wavelab) and just save the file as an MP3.

Load the sample on 1 deck and scratch.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

geposted Thu 23 Jun 05 @ 3:58 pm
but my question was what happens when its a 4 second sample, and after it plays doesn't the deck stop playing and would require another needle drop to reactivate or do you just loop it, i was just curious.
*also whitedvl what do you have for soundcards? or a MAYA? my onboard card was perfect but the other one i tried was a crazy creative live. if i backspin on it the track would skip about 1 sec. off of the mark, if i invert the waveform this problem goes away but no TC signal. thats why i was wondering what you would do if you were playing a sample, do you ever lose the cue mark

geposted Thu 23 Jun 05 @ 5:08 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yes you would have to loop the 4 sec sample...or be quick enough not to let it run out. The Maya USB works perfectly, I use it. I've also heard other cards like Audigy work. SB Live soundcards aren't good enough quality. I use one to record my mixes but it sounded terrible when using it as main...although it worked.

geposted Thu 23 Jun 05 @ 5:44 pm
I am currently using an Ozone Workstation from M-Audio. I will be purchasing a Maya44 USB hopefully soon and use the workstation as a sampler. if you want to scratch the sample or re-sample it you can either create a loop before the sample or just backspin to the begining of the sample.

buying this software will give you access to using 2 TTs which I'm sure is what your looking for.

geposted Fri 24 Jun 05 @ 3:43 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)