Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: CPU usage

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

myselfPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Is it normal that my CPU Usage is at 100% when loading an 'un-analysed' track and then back to 2% when finished and playing?

Also, I have 21 processes running with commit charge at 220M/2462M. I have disabled many many useless processes and services and still have 21 in the background. How many are running on your system while VDJ is running. I have done everything to make this a 100% DJPC.

Cheers
Craig

geposted Mon 20 Jun 05 @ 8:42 pm
100% when loading track (into ram) is normal...

And running as few as possible system processes would make your PC run VDJ smoother...

Dont have a list in my head of what processes are needed or not, but very few user processes are needed..
turn off MSN messenger, anti-virus, background apps (acrobat, itunes helper etc etc), spyware etc

Maybe someone have a list of the only needed processes to run :)

geposted Mon 20 Jun 05 @ 8:54 pm
myselfPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Thanks DJ-In-Norway.
But if I was to explode a folder with many albums (folders) at the same time as the loading process or perhaps view a pic in another window would there be a risk of the PC or sound locking up?

geposted Mon 20 Jun 05 @ 9:20 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Nope it can't by design the loading process will slow down to protect the audio from skipping.

geposted Mon 20 Jun 05 @ 10:21 pm
other issue is when you will browse your computer and try to access scratched/damaged CD ...
skipping usually occurs

geposted Tue 21 Jun 05 @ 5:47 pm
I'm running 16 processes when i have VDJ open

geposted Tue 21 Jun 05 @ 6:48 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)