Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: i-tunes to VDJ without Ripping

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Does anyone know of a conversion software that can take a downloaded i-tunes song and get me to be able to play in VDJ without having to burn and rip from CD? Thanks.

geposted Tue 21 Jun 05 @ 4:21 pm
There is none. I looked everywhere. Which I don't understand when you can just rip it and convert it back to mp3. If you pay for the song you should have the rights to use it how you wish. Maybe they should supply you with a converter.

geposted Tue 21 Jun 05 @ 4:49 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005

geposted Tue 21 Jun 05 @ 5:07 pm
@listen2....have you and do you regularly use this? I'm a little leary. The forums sound like it's a hack site and I especially like the thread that talked about the "vacation" after a cease and desist from Apple. Do you have info that this is legal and do you use it? Thanks. (I'll take back my "buy the software post" on one of your other threads :)

geposted Tue 21 Jun 05 @ 5:19 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Exactly. I use this software all the time, but never tryed at Windows OS, i do all conversations in MacOS X. I have a lot of iTunes.

I don't know if it is legal, but after all you can do with your song whatever you want, once you bought it.

In last case you can record your m4p through your output/input of soundcard. Ok just joking :P

Dj Nikki

geposted Tue 21 Jun 05 @ 5:23 pm

geposted Tue 21 Jun 05 @ 5:33 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
No i do not use it since i don't have an ipod nor would i get one since they are a pain in the ass with all this mp4 junk. as far as legal i can't say for sure (but will vary country to country depending on laws) it seems to work and others say its great, you do have proof you bought the songs so you do have a back up. IMO i think apple is on its way out of the #1 online music/ipod spot. 50% of all sony disc will now have a drm that is blocking out apple http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/11985

* as far as purchasing VDJ and your convert issues.... i think we can work something out :)

geposted Tue 21 Jun 05 @ 6:13 pm
cyberiaPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If it was legal, Apple would have provided a decoder, or better yet, not even encode the tunes at all. By using the software, you will break the iTunes contract (the one that said you will not transform this into any other media, etc.).

Can Apple go after you for the breach of contract--sure. Will they? I'd think they have a bigger fish to fry.

geposted Tue 21 Jun 05 @ 10:56 pm
sla200xPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I buy a lot of my music from the iStore and use Hymn often so I can play my music in other software applications such as VDJ. It works great. If I buy music, I believe it is mine as covered by the fair use laws so I can feel I can convert my Itunes and still have a clear conscience. I mean, iTune allows you to burn to CD after which, you can rip back down to your PC. So as far as I am concerned, with Hymn, I am eliminating a step but the net result is the same. Yes, I know that doing the ripping is technically a lossy process while using Hymn is lossless. It is basically the same thing in my view.

geposted Wed 22 Jun 05 @ 12:21 am
I do agree with sla200x....I am buying it and I'm just eliminating the rip process...I don't really feel guilty and I guess this would be an interesting court procedure. I'm downloading as I write this. I'm not for stealing tunes, very much against it actually. But...to play with the digital format so I can play it where I want..after I bought it..c'mon. I'll sleep OK tonight.

geposted Thu 23 Jun 05 @ 12:41 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)