Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: RAID array

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

myselfPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Does a RAID array configuration do anything for the performance or speed of VDJ?

geposted Wed 22 Jun 05 @ 4:56 pm
frd1963PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Because a RAID (depending on the RAID level being used) can greatly improve disk access time, you would have the potential for loading songs and/or videos into memory much quicker. Also, if you depend highly on virtual memory (don't have enough RAM) and you have a pagefile on the RAID, then you might notice an overall performance boost, but in that situation, adding RAM would give a much larger boost.

geposted Wed 22 Jun 05 @ 7:45 pm
acw_djPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2005
Some motherboards have the RAID 10 or 50 features. If you use 4 SATA disks in RAID you will notice the performance boost.

But, some other things like FSB (800 or 1066), the RAM speed (DDR2 at 533 or 667 MHz), the VideoCard (ATI Radeon 9800, or X850 or NVidia 6800) will increase your PC performance in much greater way. 1GB in RAM or 2GB let your PC run VDJ in much better way.

RAID configuration is important for increase bandwith and for any fail of your disks doesn't stop your work.

geposted Thu 23 Jun 05 @ 6:18 am
myselfPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I had a RAID configuration, but then I reformatted my hard disks and reinstalled XP. I now realise that the RAID config. has been deleted during the format and I have not set it back up again. I have 1gb of RAM with an AMD 2500+ processor.
I don't really suffer any ill effects using VDJ and it is a sole VDJ PC setup therefore would you recommend reconfiguring the RAID array or just leave it as two independant unlinked hard disks?
Thanks
Craig

geposted Thu 23 Jun 05 @ 4:35 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)