Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJ Can't find Songs!! HELP! - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

I moved to another computer and now VDJ can't find many of my songs within playlist in VDJ or iTunes. I moved over the databasefiles and the hilarious part is ALL my songs were on an external hard drive which I unplugged from the old computer and plugged into the next. When you right click and edit file in VDJ it even shows the exact same path but still says file not found. How can I fix this? I have tried every version from 5 to 6.1. I can't use version 7 since it doesn't work with my XPonent. Also ALL my cue points are gone on the tracks it can find. Is there anyway to get these back?

geposted Thu 11 Nov 10 @ 9:24 am
D.cruzPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I also have this problem i have all my music correctly saved and when i search VDJ can't find anything please help

geposted Sat 27 Nov 10 @ 11:11 am
go to the folder that holds the songs, right click it and click 'set as favourite' then click 'add to search db' this will put a folder in the browsing area of virtual dj and will add all of your music in that folder to the search database!

good luck!

:)

geposted Tue 28 Dec 10 @ 4:01 am
I'm experiencing a similar issue where I've tried adding folders to my favorites and scanning them, but I'm still missing songs. If I search for them in spotlight, then navigate the path to them inside VDJ, they show up and will play. I would like to be able to scan all of my music and know that when I do a search inside VDJ, it's all there. I haven't found any sure fire way to do this as of yet. Any other suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Visit Tunes4MyParty.com!

geposted Tue 28 Dec 10 @ 3:24 pm
You must also add the songs to your VirtualDJ database. Setting a favourite will not do this.

To do this, use the VirtualDJ browser to browse to each folder where music is located, right-click (CTRL+click) on the folder and choose Add to search DB.

geposted Thu 30 Dec 10 @ 7:36 am
Hi Teamer,
I've tried as you've suggested, but still have spotty results. Does VDJ not search subfolders? All of my music is on an external USB hard drive, and I've simply pointed to the top level folder on this drive and asked VDJ to scan that folder. I'm still missing songs when I search for them. When I find one that's missing, if I use the drive listing not the left side of the screen to navigate to the file, then use it, it will then show up in searches. Any other suggestions?

Tunes 4 My Party Houston DJ Service

geposted Sun 09 Jan 11 @ 10:39 pm
VirtualDJ will only search the songs that you have added to your database. If the song is not in the database, it will not be found.

To add to the database, right-click on the appropriate folder(s) and choose Add to search DB.

If the folders contain sub-folders within them, you may also need to do this for the sub-folders too. The Mac version does not currently have the 'recurse' feature.

NOTE: Songs that you have played will normally be added to the database automatically.

geposted Mon 10 Jan 11 @ 6:55 am
ok , Im still trying to figure this out. I tried to do what toy said. I have 14000 songs in my one folder alone as I rep record pool. I see 1200 of them only , I think there is a issue as the browser in the configure doesnt even show the f drive and is also not working right. It only see's c drive. I have tried a lot of stuff. I hooked it up to the seretto and was able to see all songs I own... yes own...

geposted Tue 01 Feb 11 @ 10:32 pm
Any clue as to when the Mac version will get the "recursive" feature? That's a pretty big blunder if you ask me. I have thousands of recursive folders. I'm certainly not going to go in and add each one to the database. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person who has their music libraries arranged into folders. Keeping all of my over 50,000 music files in one folder doesn't work well for me. This would certainly explain why I have so many issues finding songs that I know are there.

geposted Thu 03 Feb 11 @ 8:48 pm
@Teamer and timbiscuits,

Thx for the tip. I was also having the same issue and this seems to have solved it.

THANK YOU!!!

geposted Fri 04 Feb 11 @ 11:28 pm
rosshenning wrote :
Any clue as to when the Mac version will get the "recursive" feature? That's a pretty big blunder if you ask me. I have thousands of recursive folders. I'm certainly not going to go in and add each one to the database. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person who has their music libraries arranged into folders. Keeping all of my over 50,000 music files in one folder doesn't work well for me. This would certainly explain why I have so many issues finding songs that I know are there.

Yes I too am having an issue like this....I recently moved my entire itunes library to an external hard drive...The correct way I might add... And none of the folders I had in itunes I use to organize my music is showing up in virtual dj...? Which is key as any good dj knows...It shows all of the songs by artist... But still when I am searching a song it won't locate the song...! Nothing pops up... I know its there cause I can play it on my itunes!!! This is frustrating to say the least! I am also having issues setting up my cdj 2000's to Virtual dj 7 pro...? I really like virtual dj but if nothing is going to work what's the sense of having it...?! I may just switch to Serato or Tractor... Or maybe I will just stay playing old school like I have been....!!! Is there any software that works out there..? I am starting to think no...!

geposted Sat 05 Feb 11 @ 5:14 pm
Nubisco,

Totally understand your frustration, man. Agreed that it HAS to work for you. We invest way too much money and completely put our faith into a product that should work for what we paid for. If VDJ is not for you, it's just not.

So far, though, I've found out that most of the errors or problems do have solutions, they just don't come as quick or easy as I'd like and it's frustrating for me as well. I've also thought about making the switch to another program, mostly because I just want it to work as simply as possible without having to download or tweak much - I am not that computer savvy with technical stuff. Lately I've been looking at the NS7FX which comes with the Serato software and seems to work pretty good together...simple...just my style. But little by little , I've been figuring this out so as long as I don't get stuck with no help, then I'm sticking around.

Good luck to you and I hope you figure this thing out.

Ivan Montero
"IM"

geposted Sat 05 Feb 11 @ 7:32 pm
Still no response back from the support staff. Guys, could you let us know if someone is at least working on this? Unless I'm doing a gig where I need to use the VDJ video playback features, until VDJ gets this issue fixed, I'm going to start using Traktor Scratch Pro. I've already tested it, and it works with my recursive folders just fine. In fact, with it, all I have to do is tell it to search my external drive, and it finds everything on it's own. I bought the Scratch Pro package so that I could use the 4 output audio interface with VDJ, and it happens to come with the Traktor software. If VDJ can't find all my songs, I'm better off using the other software for now. I'm a VDJ fan, so I really hope you guys get this issue fixed, and soon! I would at least appreciate a response letting us know if you are looking into a fix for the issue, or if this is something that will be ignored for Mac users.

geposted Tue 08 Feb 11 @ 8:04 pm
mc224PRO InfinityMember since 2011
Found a solution!

My setup:
iTunes 10.1.2
Virtual DJ 7.0.3

Problem:
iTunes library is in Users/Shared/iTunes/
iTunes and playlists do not appear in Virtual DJ since the path to my library is different than the default path.
Virtual DJ can find all my music if I right click and choose "add to search db"

Software required:
You'll need a plist editor.
I used PlistEdit Pro (free) at http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/development_tools/plisteditpro.html

Here is the step by step:
1. Install PlistEdit Pro
2. Make sure iTunes and Virtual DJ is shut down.
3. Start PlistEdit Pro
3.1 Click file
3.2 Click open
3.3 Navigate to /[user]/Library/Preferences/
3.4 Click on "com.atomixproductions.virtualdj.plist"
3.5 Click on open
3.6 Scroll down until you find "iTunesFolder" under the key column
3.7 Double click the path shown under the value column, most likely it will show "/[user]/Music/iTunes/
3.8 Change the path to the location of your iTunes library, in my case it is "/Users/Shared/iTunes/"
3.9 Once the change is complete, click on File, then save.
4. Quit PlistEdit Pro
5. Now open a finder window and navigate to where your iTunes library is kept.
6. Find the following files: "iTunes Library" "iTunes Library.xml" "iTunes Library Extras.itdb" "iTunes Library Genius.itdb"

--- If the files in step 6 have the names "iTunes Music Library" "iTunes Music Library.xml" "iTunes Library Music Extras.itdb" "iTunes Music Library Genius.itdb" then skip to step #18 ---

7. Make a backup copy of the 4 files and move them to a different location - this is just in case something goes screwy.
8. Rename the files to "iTunes Music Library" "iTunes Music Library.xml" "iTunes Library Music Extras.itdb" "iTunes Music Library Genius.itdb"
9. Close the finder window.
10. Hold down the "option" key on your keyboard and click on iTunes - this will open the "Choose iTunes Library" window
11. Click on the "Choose Library" button.
12. Navigate to the location of the iTunes Library.
13. Select "iTunes Music Library"
14. Click the "Choose" button
15. Your iTunes Library should open - a Genius update will most likely occur (this may take a while for large libraries)
16. Verify that everything is working correctly. (If it is great, if it's not working close itunes, restore the backup files from #7 to their original location, restart iTunes holding down the "option" key and choose the library file you restored)
17. Quit iTunes

18. Open Virtual DJ and verify that your iTunes Music Library and playlists now appear!
19. Quit Virtual DJ
20. Done!

Hope that helps!

geposted Fri 04 Mar 11 @ 2:20 am
pshorePRO InfinityMember since 2011
Virtual DJ is renaming my hard drive database with each session. It was always named barbook. Then yesterday it shows up under the path of songs played as barbook2 and today it shows up as barbook3. This is then not allowing me to access songs from history because it is searching under the progressive name that is not recognized. What can I do to stop this progressive renaming.

geposted Fri 04 Mar 11 @ 3:54 pm
i have the same problem with the search and do what the support staff said but when i am fished and close it down and start it back up and search for it again it comes up the same problem again when searching !

geposted Tue 26 Jul 11 @ 5:12 am

geposted Tue 26 Jul 11 @ 5:57 am
I started a thread with the exact same issues and have yet to receive anything that even resembles help. MY itunes library is nowhere to be found. just to make sure it wasnt an issue with itunes i downloaded serato itch and voila - my whole library shows up. having the problem is one thing but not getting any answers is something totally different and what is extra frustrating.

geposted Tue 26 Jul 11 @ 10:53 am
rosshenning wrote :

I'm quoting this because is just how I feel. "Recurse" was very important to me when I was using PC, and now that I"m using Mac, it feels like I've lost a limb.

geposted Tue 26 Jul 11 @ 2:41 pm
guys i hope this help a lot of people i've also had problems searching for my songs. i tried add to search BD, but that did not work so i just tried every thing and i found out where you type in the song to search on he right side their is a small magnifying glass right click on it and make sure that search in folder is checked on that fixed my problem and hope it fixes yours

geposted Thu 12 Jan 12 @ 7:00 pm
37%