Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: The Denon DN MC6000 - Page: 6

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

szeppieriPRO InfinityDenonMember since 2005
jaakko wrote :
I don't fully understand what is the limitation, is it possible to play 4 VDJ decks from 4 channels in mixer section?

Yes

Quote :
So that each deck has it's own channel, fader and eqs on mixer?

Yes

Quote :
Can I do it in analogue mode, so that mixer is not assigned to software?

You can run 4-Decks of VDJ and 4-analog inputs at the same time, all you need to do is select the mode by the top Matrix switch.

geposted Sun 26 Dec 10 @ 8:40 am
Izm123PRO InfinityMember since 2009
I ran the MC-6000 for 6 hours at a club last night without any major issues..its a great unit. 3 minor issues though. Firstly I don't know if its denon's version 2.2 drivers or the unit itself but the CPU usage is very high (Im using a 2.2ghz core 2 duo with 4gigs ram and win7 64bit). Secondly there is definitly a sound distortion in the background (noticeable by a dj but not the crowd dancing)
Thirdly..(this is where it gets complicated) i was using the MC-6000 in pc-mix mode so i could have 4 decks mixing for playing video. I then added my 2 dn-S3700's for controlling decks 1&2. I then deck changed the MC-6000 so it controlled decks 3&4. Everything was great until i tried scratching videos with the 3700's and the crossfader and noticed the Video transitions effects weren't working! I had to toggle the MC6000 also back to Deck 1&2 for transitions to work. It looks like virtualdj looks at which deck you are toggled to, to determine main video output. There needs to be a setting for VideoDJs that add other controllers like dn-s3700's.
Over all this is a great controller especiailly if u add spinning controllers for 2 of the decks.

geposted Sun 26 Dec 10 @ 2:41 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
only one problem is that my "load B" button doesn't work at all. It's not recognised in the mapping when I press it.

Solution was to upgrade to VDJ 7.02, I was still on VDJ 7.0 hence the problem

Keith

geposted Sun 26 Dec 10 @ 3:12 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
kradcliffe wrote :

Solution was to upgrade to VDJ 7.02, I was still on VDJ 7.0 hence the problem

Keith

Good to know.

geposted Sun 26 Dec 10 @ 4:02 pm
djpr1PRO InfinityMember since 2008
I've been testing the unit before I go live....and thank god I did.
After an hour or two the controller freezes (everything is lit up but nothing works), VDJ keeps playing thru the channels tho. (INT MIX)
I can stop/play the songs thru vdj on my Mac screen thru the channels but not the controller.
It happened already like 5 times... randomly. Load a song, try to cue it up or simply try to set cuepoint and BAM FREEZES!!
The controller is completely unresponsive, I have to turn it off and restart VDJ in order to get back to business.

VDJPRO 7.0.2
Macbookpro 2.8 ghz 4gb Ram Intelcore 2 duo

geposted Sun 26 Dec 10 @ 8:10 pm
splaoPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I have the same problem; the controller works then it just freezes. VDJ and my computer continues to work but MC 6000 does not. There is obviously a glitch; I think they need a new firmware update. I checked denon's website and they do not have an update available. I will suggest that people hold out before buying this unit.

geposted Mon 27 Dec 10 @ 2:33 pm
I just spoke to a rep at denon; he said I am the first person that reported that problem with the unit. He wanted to know if VDJ still recognized the unit in the config menu, I told him I did not check it. He said he will try to replicate the freezing and he will call me if he find anything.

geposted Mon 27 Dec 10 @ 3:03 pm
It happened again...WTF!!!

Yes the unit is still being recognized in the config menu

@ splao
Who did you spoke to @ denon?

geposted Mon 27 Dec 10 @ 3:40 pm
It's been fine for me on Windows, may be something Mac specific then?

geposted Mon 27 Dec 10 @ 4:03 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
I have tested on the Mac side and once this has happened to me. When I rescanned for devices to connect back to the unit it was seen as a simple midi device.

I will run some further tests this week. Its important to know what versions of OSX are doing this. I am currently running 10.6.5

geposted Mon 27 Dec 10 @ 5:26 pm
It happened to me on 2 computers - windows 7 64 bit , 4gig ram and another computer windows 7 32 bit 4 gig ram. Both computers work very good with the NS7. I did not get the name of the guy that I spoke to at denon. Please report your problems to denon so they can look into it and possibly get us a fix soon.

geposted Mon 27 Dec 10 @ 8:45 pm
I've already returned the unit, don't have time to wait for Denon to come out with a firmware update. I will probably purchase the unit in the future tho. I purchased the VCI 300 MK2 for now....will see how that goes.

Dj Nan2

geposted Mon 27 Dec 10 @ 10:59 pm
Record loopback

I have tried recording with the MC6000.

It will record VDJ output to midi channels as normal, however it does not seem to record a loopback from the controller including mic or analogue inputs.

I also can't get any recording at all in advanced config.

I have posted a screenshot I tool of the advanced config whilst talking to Roy earlier, he will chime in with some relevant questions later!

P.S .... just noticed a switch at the back for source output. Will have a retry tomorrow as the wee man is now in bed.

Also note the booth output does NOT contain mic at all.

Keith

geposted Tue 28 Dec 10 @ 1:46 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Also note the booth output does NOT contain mic at all

Silvio has replied on the Denon forum to say if you push the "post" button it will output the mics to booth on master.

Keith

geposted Tue 28 Dec 10 @ 4:00 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Silvio has replied on the Denon forum to say if you push the "post" button it will output the mics to booth on master.

I'll wait for you to confirm this. However I am very keen to understand how to setup the Record Loopback on the MC6000. If recording sets live in the club or broadcasting on the radio there needs to be a way to bring the mic and other inputs back to VDJ.

Can somebody post the correct setup for thr MC6000 loopback?

Cheers,

Roy

geposted Tue 28 Dec 10 @ 6:47 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :
Caliente123 wrote :
One question i have. Whats up with all the se super compact Controllers ? Not everyone wants to go small. If denon can make a controller the size of the NS7, That would be Hot. The NS7 is still the hottest selling controller.

I agree 100%! These tiny things are for wedding DJ's and techno heads, I dont see any hip-hop DJ's using these why? Cause there uncomfortable. We need something in between small and big.........................

Huey

I concur. Imagine this unit with 3700 platters........wow I had a technical orgasm....lmao.....but so Damn serious!

geposted Wed 29 Dec 10 @ 12:29 am
hello,
i got my denon mc6000 today....
you know, in europe the mc comes with traktor le as software...
does the american version with virtual dj a skin like the controller as i got also with the hercules rmx?
if you have a skin like the mc, please can someone share it?

thank you!

geposted Wed 29 Dec 10 @ 3:20 am
There is no dedicated MC6000 skin at present.

Keith

geposted Wed 29 Dec 10 @ 3:35 am
OK, done some more testing today. Record loopback does work, both in internal mix and PC mix (4 deck) modes. The output source selector on the back of the MC6000 needs to be set as "rec out/mic". If you are in 4 deck mode you can use channel 1 / 4 to hot swap between analogue sources then back to VDJ again.

I will post the screenshots of how this is configured later.

Also, the "post" button does send the mic to the booth/send output which is a really nice feature.

Keith

geposted Wed 29 Dec 10 @ 5:33 am
djscorpio25 wrote :

Where do you find it?

geposted Wed 29 Dec 10 @ 7:16 am
15%