Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Denon DN-MC6000 mixer questions

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

SC300PRO InfinityMember since 2008
I own a Denon DN-HD2500, I was wondering if I could use it as my backup with the Denon DN-MC6000.

If my laptop and the MC6000 were to freeze I would restart my laptop, but do I have to restart the MC6000 as well?

Would restarting the MC6000 interrupt the music playing from the backup unit?

Would the mixer on the MC6000 act as a compact version of a Denon DN-X500 mixer?

geposted Sat 05 Feb 11 @ 7:46 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
The freezing has been resolved in a firmware fix. If the unit needed to be re-booted then any audio that is being routed through the unit will be dropped until the unit is back up. The unit is a full hardware mixer with 2 line inputs.

geposted Sat 05 Feb 11 @ 8:06 pm
SC300PRO InfinityMember since 2008
I wonder how fast it restarts if I really needed to. Would a quick on and off ruin the night if it were to happen? Would it be noticeable and would you recommend replacing a Hercules MK2 and a Denon DN-X500 mixer for just the Denon DN-MC6000, DN-H2500, and its BU-4500 CD player?

A little something like this:

geposted Sun 06 Feb 11 @ 3:02 am
I've read the forums.... here and and denon

Configured all he settings....

Can't get all the functions to work in the 4 player mode.

I've tried numerous settings and configs.

Very very frustrated.

Can anyone walk me through this?

Please???

I don't mind someone talking me through it.

geposted Thu 10 Mar 11 @ 4:41 pm
Can anyone tell me why is it that I don't have the option to purchase the DN-MC6000 IN the hardware section.

geposted Mon 21 Mar 11 @ 11:44 am
is the DN-MC6000 wrking without problems w/ vdj7.02. I am thinking about purchasing this controler. Is every happy with this controler after making the purchase. I only need two decks can u guy tell in your opinion is this controler any good? . I have a numark mixdeck that has to go in for repair for a blown right channel on deck one audio card. i was thikinking about getting the DN-MC6000 for back up while the mixdeck is in for repair. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

geposted Mon 21 Mar 11 @ 8:01 pm
@ silkyone: Are you using a 4 deck skin? If so are you not able to toggle between decks with the deck change button?
you should be using VDJ PRO FULL 7.0.3 and in the config menu select the 4 deck skin in the resalution that suits you.

When I recieved the MC6000 I did the following.............

loaded the drivers that came on the MC6000 instalation CD, then upgraded to the latest firmware provided by Denon here ( http://www.denondjforums.com/forum/index.php?f=55&t=14282&rb_v=viewtopic )

Then upgraded to VDJ PRO FULL 7.0.3 ( it just happemed to come out the same day )

Then downloaded the MC6000 Ch 3<1 L-R 2>4 Mapper because I like the faders set up that way.... found here:

( http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/12744/DN-MC6000_Ch_3_1_L-R_2_4_Mapper.html )

Then downloaded the 4 deck skin to match that mapper..... found here:
( http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/12770/DN-MC6000_Enhanced_(3-1L-R2-4).html )

However I went back to the standard 4 deck screen for the deck unload feature and I do 99% video so I dont use the software mixer screen

I then reset my left jog to 9 MS

That's it everything works great with it except for one pitch issue I had but that was on me, not the controller or software.

Hope that helps.

@ Slimcox1: VDJ does not sell hardware only software. They provide that link to give you an idea as to the places you may purchase the DN MC6000. I got mine off of E-bay with a flight case from Proaudiostar.com at not a bad deal.

@ KEVWEBNY: if you have the extra cash to spend on the MC6000 as a back up it is totaly worth it. Seems to me like a lot to spend on just a back up though. You have much more controll of the software with the MC6000 than you do with the mixdeck and do not need to use a mouse at least I have not used mine since I got the 6000. There have not really been any issues that are not user errors since the latest firmware was released and in my opinion it is a solid reliable controller/Mixer

I am not a expert on this controller just trying to pass along what I know and my opinion guy...hope I helped

Rob

geposted Mon 21 Mar 11 @ 11:00 pm
thanks for the info ROB im gonna consider your suggestions

geposted Tue 22 Mar 11 @ 4:04 am
Hooked up MC6000 and VDJ pro trial software to our house system for demo last weekend. We are using to mix vid and audio through our house system at bar ( Meyer Sound system). www.montes.ca (bar website) The unit and software is amazing, kudos !!..Great tone and headroomn on the preamps on the unit as well clever integration into VDJ. Wondering if you could comment on a possible problem we had on the weekend. The program works great for about 20 minutes then a distorted sound signal begins through the sound system system,headphone, everywhere …had to reboot software to clear problem...works fine then after a while starts distorting again. Our house PC at the bar good but maybe thinking we need to upgrade… what is a good spec for a PC to have meaning RAM etc ? I also work at a pro audio touring company being a dealer for Denon so would be good to have info for sales etc.

Cheers,

Bruce

geposted Mon 04 Apr 11 @ 12:19 pm
NIGHTMARE.....
i have had the DN MC6000 for 2 weeks now and cant get anything right.. why are they selling this item that needs an immediate firmware up date?
Finally updated firmware now for what ever reason its stuck in some mode and i cant get it to do anything... is there a way to hard reset or reboot the power off on thing doesnt do the trick

geposted Mon 18 Apr 11 @ 11:16 pm
It needed a firmware update to correct an issue with the jog dial midi response time. Releasing firmware upgrades is perfectly normal as nothing can ever be 100% correct on release with so many variables.

Can you explain what mode you're stuck in?

Only thing I can think of is that you have gone in to midi channel assign mode, check the manual to get details on this.

Keith

geposted Tue 19 Apr 11 @ 10:43 am
addymPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Ok this is going to be hard to say, but i am using DN MC 6k with VDJ Pro and my friend has Cd Rack mount with cd players of course but i am wondering about the configuration in the options in Virtual Dj Pro, what i am trying to do is use it so i can hear the 2 channels on his that is going through my Denon Dn Mc 6k but i can't it seems to be some thing to do with the configuration, i have done all firmware updates, i just need to know the config settings for what i am trying to do because using the two outer decks changed to Aux 1 & 2 yet nothing from the headphones to pre-listen when i press CUE (PFL) on the Mixer.

@Dj Obedose: See the image its exactly like that and would like to know the configuration in Vdj

geposted Wed 13 Mar 13 @ 7:23 am
You must use your unit in "INT MIX" mode.

geposted Wed 13 Mar 13 @ 7:34 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)