Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: XP10 mixes

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Bored, so i uploaded 3 mixes of me mixing/scratching as much as i can :)
THese sets are just me getting my head around scratching with the xp-10s before i embarass myself in public. I do know how to plain beatmatch mix, but im just not using it right now all that much (because i'm working on the scratch technique)
One of the first 2 is hip hop/reggae, one is straight hip-hop, and the last is reggae/dancehall

Dead Link
Dead Link
Dead Link

geposted Fri 29 Jul 05 @ 5:15 am
l_ridsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
i listened to the first mix...
i think you need a bit of practice, sum of the tunes have different keys and kinda clash when you fading them. you should try mixing up your rnb/hip hop with some short looping and quick short scratches.

nice attempt though, had some nice mixes in there. try and mix tunes without vocals clashing. just time the 32 beat intros so they kick in at the end of a chorus or at the start depending if its got vocals.... u can criticise me wen i upload a mix lol. but yeah we all go thru the beginning stages

geposted Fri 29 Jul 05 @ 8:06 am
Yeah, i normally try to avoid clashing vocals. As for looping/beatmatching/simple mixes etc.. I CAN do those, but scratching is my new toy, so for the most part , i was scratching just to see what i could do. One of these days ill post a mix that id actually do in a party. But thanks for the criticism. I relish all forms of feedback.

geposted Fri 29 Jul 05 @ 7:22 pm
Still Tippin: over scratched Number One Spot while Still Tippin played.
not the best scratching either. maybe the ones who dont have the xp-10s r not missing much.
Still Tippin perfectly exited with the loop.
Number One Spot:
still not impressed with the 50 Cent scratching.
nice no-bass-loop exit.
Get In My Car
webbie intro loop.
loop exit
siren fx. best mix so far.
Gimme That
scratching Common too early.
Gimme That + Go mix: well personally i dont like that mix coz its totally different rap sub-genres--explicit rap to conscious rap then back to party rap (Go DJ)
Go:
overscratching Go Dj.
Go Dj:
so far song selection is good.
Dirt Off Ya Shoulder:
nice song selection from Go Dj. keeps the upbeat higher.
David Banner Song: i thought i knew a lot of songs but i dont know this one.
doesnt last too long. nicely placed.
Compton:
david banner is all hype Compton is mellow. i'm not feeling that transition.
Breathe:
the Breathe scratching is a little loud. this is where u'd hope the deck volume could be momentarily lowered. scratching is always best done in the background.

Young Jeezy:
nice mix from Breathe. ur mixes are a lot better than the mixes in clubs around my way. maybe u should talk or put interference in these mixes coz bars can download these mixes and play them coz that doesnt help u in anyway and hurts other djs work.

Nelly: there'r so many songs and artists i'm thinking why play 2 nelly songs back to back. but hey maybe u were caught up.

Tierra Marie: 1st. r&b song. girls love this song.

Hood Hop:
not feeling from How To Make A Girl Feel to Hoop Hop transition. Hoop Hop is a monster beat tho. hardest beat in '04. that beat is serious.

Drop It Like Its Hot/Remix:
nicely done. girls like the original song. i like the remix. jay killed kells on that verse. snoop's verse came weak... but anyway

Bobby Valentino:
i love bobby. when ludacris debuted he came strong. chingy debuted strong. bobby too has come hard too. dtp better not mess with bobby's accounts coz they need to keep him.

Diamonds Are Forever:
the beat mood has been pretty consistent since Drop It Like It's Hot remix.
La La La sampling.

Like That

Candy shop Instrumental + Get Busy a cappella

Get Busy

----------
to me the best thing about this mix is the song selection. i hate those Yeah + freek-a-leek+goodies bubble gum type of mixes. i didnt recognize the david banner song and that was cool.
by this mix, the xp-10s dont seem to give u a clear advantage over others who dont have it. actually there's a way to achieve a realistic scratch with the keyboard and mouse.

so i'm thinking if vdj wants to sell xp-10s, maybe they should do sumthing that cant be done without them. apart from just scratching. btw with practise, a very realistic scratch at will can be accomplished without it.

overall mix 3.5 out of 5.

geposted Tue 02 Aug 05 @ 12:13 am
Wow, thank you. I really appreciate the well thought out criticism. My biggest problem right now is resisting the nerve to scratch to my hearts content. When im live, i dont scratch NEARLY as much though. Song selection can be tough for me. I want to cover the new songs, but when moods dont fit sometimes i do it anyway when maybe i shouldnt.

Once again, I'm a scratching amataur, and am still trying to get the hang of my xp10's. Another problem i have is i cant do certain things using the hercules crossfader. It's too cramped for crab scratching as far as i can see. I'm beginning to think a mixer is neccesary for more advanced techniques.
But like i said before. Thanks for the criticism.

geposted Tue 02 Aug 05 @ 3:01 pm
i would have loved to listen to ur reggae mix but its unavailable for download. i used to somewhat keep up with the top 10 reggae songs but not anymore. i still have all Reggae Gold cds tho 93 to present.
(i lost touch with techno/dance in 2001).

record and share ur mix on a bit rate way lower than the 96kbps u record these mixes. i know bars that play pre-recorded mixes. they probably just download them from the internet.

Scratching:
practise perfects scratching. so do it as much as possible and F.. what everybody else thinks lol.
and ur probably still excited about having them. (and maybe i'm just hatin coz i dont have them lol... nah not likely)
so dont be sorry for the scratching its understood. the more u scratch, the better ull become and the less u'll have to.

--
About what u said about the herc...
Bagpuss quote ...Hercules is no good as a mixer!. So the solution which many of us have turned to is to Combine The Hercules With A Mixer, so the hercules acts as a "dual cd deck/controller unquote.
http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=14549

according to bagpuss the only 2 reasons to get the herc is 1. the looks/lights 2. the price. but wait... what bag really just said is it works best with an external mixer so reason 2 is void coz u need to spend more $ by getting a mixer.

--
song selection is very important to me. song selection = reading the crowd. Mercarios aka DJ Rich Rhee http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=13031 says his mix for a frat party. to me that song selection was out of place even tho he seems to have a better overall mix than urs. i enjoyed rhee's mix but i cant see how that fits a frat party. sounded more like a radio mix for a mature audience.

vpcdj aka anon

geposted Wed 03 Aug 05 @ 12:03 am
Hey anonymous, you wrote:

"i hate those Yeah + freek-a-leek+goodies bubble gum type of mixes."

I love doing those freak-a-leek+goodies buble gum type mixes. Or rather, goodies+freek-a-leek bubble gum mixes. Crowd seems to like them to :-) becuase the dancefloor always gets packed when I put them on!

geposted Sat 06 Aug 05 @ 12:41 am
tasiekHome userMember since 2005
ja nie wiem co trzeba zrobic zeby byc pelnoprawnym uzytkownikiem forum ale mysle ze wystarczy jeden post hehe

geposted Tue 09 Aug 05 @ 12:11 pm
Prosze pana uzywac tylko jezyk Angielsky na forume.
---
please speak ENglish instead of Polish ;-)

The info on the left is regarding whether you purchase software or not. You cannot be full member without purchasing software.

Have a nice day

geposted Tue 09 Aug 05 @ 12:30 pm
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
my favorite bpm area is 88 (Get Ur Freak On) to 93
i like crunk too (75/150--85/170)
my worst is 100-107. the Yeah, Freek-A-Leek, Goodies, Get Low. i dont like it coz its easiest to predict the next song. and there'rnt too many songs in that area.

As djs i feel we should break songs and not just overexpose pop music.

geposted Fri 12 Aug 05 @ 4:06 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)