Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: software profile support

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

fcislerPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I use several different pieces of hardware/audio interface.

My main setup consists of a Denon DN-HC4500, which is both a controller and a ASIO interface

I also use a Mixtrack and a SL2 in another setup.

In my last setup (home) I just use line out of my laptop.

Depending on the configuration I also map buttons differently. Example: The DN-HC4500 has a TAP button whereas the Mixtrack does not so I map keyboard keys to that.

I'd like the ability for the following:

-Setup my audio output options (first setup ASIO two channel, last setup just a basic)
-Setup my Keyboard and HW controller mappings
-Options (Crossfader is just a display for the DN-HC4500/DN-x500 mixer so it's disabled, it's set to smooth for the home setup)
-Click "save profile". Enter a name.

Either on load of VirtualDJ or under options i'd like to be able to recall any of these "profiles" (or settings collection).

I like the flexibility of being able to do ANYTHING and EVERYTHING I need/want to do with VirtualDJ....but switching between hardware controller(s) and audio device(s) is becoming a pain for me.

In the meantime, is there any way I can copy the "Keyboard Mapping.xml" out of the "Mappers" folder and manually save/copy these?

I'd also like for the ability to save ALL my settings to one big file. I have a backup laptop which has a copy of the software (this is allowed as per my reading interpretation, correct?). I test all new hardware and tweaks via this laptop. Currently I just copy the whole "VirtualDJ" folder over but it seems as if I never get 100% exact. This is my backup and testbed (can never have enough hardware!) so ideally I want it to be a 100% clone of my main rig.

I see there is a registry location, HKCU\Software\VirtualDJ. This appears to have my options. Assuming the laptops are 100% identical is there any harm in exporting this from my main laptop and importing onto my backup? Could I also export this and say name one "HC4500" and name the other "Mixtrack", close virtualDJ, import one and then re-open? Any plans to move from the registry to a XML? This would create a REALLY portable setup.

Any possibility of any of this?

geposted Tue 09 Aug 11 @ 2:19 pm

geposted Tue 09 Aug 11 @ 2:24 pm
fcislerPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Wow quick response and looks just like I want. Guess I should have looked better!

geposted Tue 09 Aug 11 @ 2:48 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)