Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Joystick

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

It's time to loose the traditional crossfader and move to a joystick design allowing any 4 channels to be mixed.

geposted Mon 12 Sep 11 @ 7:03 am
I can't understand what's actually you're asking for...
Anyway, if you have a USB->MIDI or a USB->HID joystick you can map it to mix all 4 channels of your (software) mixer.
However this should be a NON self-returning to home position "joystick"

geposted Mon 12 Sep 11 @ 7:14 am
I want the DVJ crew to remove the crossfader from the skin and put a joystick in it's place. Allowing 4 channels of mix control in a matrix, not just fading between 1 deck or the other. All 4 decks! I suppose once that upgrade were implemented, you could use a joystick... I would think hardware manufacturers would replace the crossfader with a joystick...

geposted Tue 13 Sep 11 @ 12:44 pm
Have you ever tried to use something (like an effect unit) that uses touchpad and/or joystick?
You would see that while it seems nice it's impractical for mixing audio sources. I wouldn't bet that hardware manufactures would replace the crossfader with a touchpad or joystick any time soon (if ever)

And I will give you a small puzzle:

You have the following "mapping" on your joystick (a simple cross):
LEFT=DECK1
RIGHT=DECK2
TOP=DECK3
BOTTOM=DECK4

All 4 decks are playing. You want to mix the audio (crossfade) from deck 1 to deck 3 without having sound from the other decks on your mix. How do you do it?

PS: You have to define a "SQUARE" area (not a cross) to achieve this type of "crossfade"
Now do it fast and produce some scratches... :P

geposted Tue 13 Sep 11 @ 1:12 pm
you'd still be able to do all that, and more....

geposted Tue 20 Sep 11 @ 12:17 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)