Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: American Audio VMS 4.1 Vs VMS 4 - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

dose anybody know what is the difference between the vms 4.1 and vms 4

geposted Tue 20 Dec 11 @ 3:04 pm
Whatever you do, do not get a VMS4...the VMS4.1 fixes all the flaws we uncovered on the VMS4 but I haven't tried a VMS4.1 for myself so I can't say....but as a past VMS4 owner I would not recommend it, I think the jury is still out on VMS4.1 but I haven't really been following it since the VMS4 fiasco.

Here's a brief explanation on youtube

geposted Tue 20 Dec 11 @ 5:51 pm
.....but of course if ask American Audio they will deny everything, and tell you there's nothing wrong with the VMS4.

:-)

geposted Wed 21 Dec 11 @ 4:10 am
The VMS4 should be avoided, it's poorly built and sounds awful!

Keith

geposted Wed 21 Dec 11 @ 4:15 am
I will not be getting this unit, thanks for the advice fellas.

I will be checking out the numark n4 when its available or the Kontrol S2

geposted Wed 21 Dec 11 @ 11:18 am
I have the original VMS4 and also the new VMS4.1

The problems with the original unit are lower output and wrong mic impedance. Both were fixed.

If you want to try the VMS4, i will make you a great deal on mine.

Again, the VMS4.1, there are absolutely no problems at all.

Scott

geposted Wed 21 Dec 11 @ 11:21 am
Good to hear that AA listened to everyone's comments and issued a revised version. I just feel sorry for the original owners who got no recompense.

Keith

geposted Wed 21 Dec 11 @ 11:57 am
kradcliffe wrote :
Good to hear that AA listened to everyone's comments and issued a revised version. I just feel sorry for the original owners who got no recompense.

Keith

What a shame for those guys who go stuck with them, I sure hope at least the AA project manager got fired for being incompetent.
It could be a nice door stop...it's heavy enough but maybe it would even suck at that...I can see the rubber corners coming off and damaging your doors LOL

geposted Wed 21 Dec 11 @ 12:54 pm
I had the VMS4, lasted 2 months and died so many times at my gigs. Sent it back and 4months later still wasn't given a replacement. Ended up getting a Pioneer ERGO and never looked back.

geposted Wed 21 Dec 11 @ 1:11 pm
hola soy dj y tengo el controlador american audio vms4, mi pregunta y a la ves duda es que yo en controlador se me ocurrio ponerle virtual j pro full , y me estaba funcionando bien nada mas que en estos dias se me desconfiguro todo ya que desde antes nunca me habia dado fallas , ustedes me podrian dar un consejo en dejarle el pro full o usar el virtual vms4 ya que en ellos vienen los drivers originales para mayor resolucion y no batallar mucho en eso de la configuracion?gracias su respuesta sera de mucha ayuda.

geposted Mon 02 Jan 12 @ 10:44 pm
Sorry, this forum is for English language messages only. Please either post your message again in English or post in the appropriate language forum at the bottom of http://www.virtualdj.com/forums

geposted Tue 03 Jan 12 @ 7:27 am

geposted Wed 04 Jan 12 @ 7:47 am
Both worked as flawless as always for me, but i know that there have been made some changes under the hood, especially regarding the microphone input and the output volume.

_______
http://www.downloadfrostwire.org/

geposted Mon 09 Jan 12 @ 12:22 am
RB2005PRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hello People,
I have checked all the informations about VMS4 and VMS4.1 , aind all the problems included , so ,
I would like to ask You all ,and concerning about a 4 ch controller , and prices around 300 to 400 euros,
which ones you recomend ??
Thanks

geposted Fri 18 May 12 @ 4:07 am
I've being using the VMS4 for over a year now and no problems at all running strong.

geposted Fri 01 Jun 12 @ 9:12 pm
i guess i was one of the lucky ones. i had a vms 4 and it absolutely sucked,and i was mad when the 4.1 came out but my buddy that worked at guitar center had the perfect solution. i wanted a smaller unit and he suggested that i trade my vms4 in for a vms2!! it was perfect!

geposted Sun 03 Jun 12 @ 1:27 am
vms2 & 4.1 look nice. Anybody know if they are compatible or using with win7? I tried looking for specs on AA website but everyone only mentions vista or xp..no mention of win7.

geposted Sun 03 Jun 12 @ 1:47 am
I have had VMS4 now for almost two years and never had problems with it. I read online about the low microphone output and called AA and they sent me two Impedance Transformer for free and everything works perfectly. After reading so many complains, I bought pioneer cdj850 with the intention of selling my VMS4 but to be honest with you my VMS4 is still with me and I used them more often than the cdjs. I have very good quality speakers the PRX625 and could not make much difference between the sound quality of VMS4 and the CDJS. I don't have any regret buying it and depending on your budget, I will still recommend anyone to buy the VMS4.

MAGAGAR80 wrote :
Whatever you do, do not get a VMS4...the VMS4.1 fixes all the flaws we uncovered on the VMS4 but I haven't tried a VMS4.1 for myself so I can't say....but as a past VMS4 owner I would not recommend it, I think the jury is still out on VMS4.1 but I haven't really been following it since the VMS4 fiasco.

Here's a brief explanation on youtube

geposted Sun 03 Jun 12 @ 3:17 am
dnstjeLE userMember since 2011
Hello there,

Im kinda LATE to reply but for the technical people... this is a marketing thing.

As they said.. DSP Core in the VMS4.1 why would the VMS4 dont? and for what is it? Yes Digital Sound Processing. Lets look under the hood of the VMS 4. (not 4.1 I dont own one yet and will never be).

First of all the whole device runs off from an PIC chip and a DSP chip aka PIC18F65J50 and DSPB56364AF100. the PIC microcontroller is possibly used for MIDI stuff and USB and ASIO tunnel for the DSP. as I follow the wires they go to the sliders.. buttons ... leds.. the DSP and such. while the DSP does the audio part. they used as dac-adc, CS4270 and CS5340 as ADC from Cirrus Logic.
Acoording to the datasheets.. 192khz 24bit.. Wow! but they limited it to 44/48khz. same story to the ADC.

http://www.cirrus.com/en/pubs/proDatasheet/CS4270_F1.pdf DAC
http://www.cirrus.com/en/pubs/proDatasheet/CS5340_F2.pdf ADC
http://www.freescale.com/files/dsp/doc/data_sheet/DSP56364.pdf DSP
http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/devicedoc/39775c.pdf PIC

The rest of the parts are simply multiplexors to save pins on the microcontroller.

Here are some pictures inside the VMS4.

Mainboard.
There are also sockets next to the DSP left and PIC right, they might be used to configure the chip over JTAG or Serial. probably to burn the bootloader into it. and program it further over MIDI signals. (or just another baudrate to talk to the bootloader)
DSP.
PIC controller.
DAC/ADC array.

More can found here in higher res.
http://nyaruko.dnstje.nl/vms4/

So as most people prefer to buy the VMS4.1 do it. or else you have to fix your own problems hardware matig.
Also, if there's someone like me here with the vms4.1, it would be nice to compare the innards of this device!

Thanks.

geposted Wed 18 Jul 12 @ 4:57 pm
mine was given to me as a prize winner, and i have to say that AA sent me the microphones thingis for free and so far all i had is a loose slider control that i fixed miself but after all it has worked very solid for 2 years now. its not the best but if you treat it nice it will give you many good gigs without problems.

geposted Thu 19 Jul 12 @ 12:37 am
59%