Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Mixed in Key connection

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

QuaiiPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hey Guys,

I'm using Mixed in Keys for harmonic Mixing and the program can already connect to iTunes and traktor. Would be nice if it could also connect to vdj ;)

best regards

Quaii

geposted Mon 09 Jan 12 @ 12:26 pm
KiyosiPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Sadly, no software will do this!

- Traktor won't do it
- Serato Scratch/Itch won't do it
- Torq won't do it
- Ableton won't do it
- VDJ won't do it
- CDJs/RekordBox won't do it

Personally, I think the best way to use Mixed In Key effectively is to set it to write the KEY value in the KEY field *and* the comment tags.

This way, you can make SmartPlaylists in iTunes and have playlists for each KEY.
In fact, I have playlists for "3B Possibilities" which include tracks that are 3B, 4B, 2B, and 3A.

This way, you can have full control of your harmonic mixing from within VirtualDJ!

geposted Tue 10 Jan 12 @ 8:11 pm
KiyosiPRO InfinityMember since 2009
software can find the key for you, but i think it's more practical to use Comment tag + iTunes library + SmartPlaylists

no software can do a mass-analysis of your entire library, scanning Key along the way.
Traktor does a good job of analyzing the waveform ONCE so that it instantly loads the next time you play.
however, no software will put the Key in for all your music ~ (except mixed in key, lol)

geposted Tue 10 Jan 12 @ 8:12 pm
you could probably migrate the information fom a tag field to the "key" field using phantoms database manager, but imo you should use either of the extra fields so you have 2 differnt programs that you can see in the browser to verify the key.

geposted Wed 11 Jan 12 @ 5:31 am
ChacklPRO InfinityMember since 2007
What about the compartible songs Filter-Folder....

Is does the same and gives you perfekt matching songs.
I got this one:
bpmdiff<=4 and keydiff=0

geposted Wed 11 Jan 12 @ 6:55 am
The problem with VDJ is that Atomix seem to think every song in the world is in a minor key.

This clearly isn't the case.

Songs often also change key, which the latest MIK handles - but only when you load the song into the MIK player.

geposted Fri 13 Jan 12 @ 12:58 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)