Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: measuring loop

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hello Virtual DJ developers!
Please read until the end 'cause it is important. Thanks!
As you guys know, there are several mixing technics and one of them is letting the track that is going to be released in "loop" until the right time to use crossfader (I usually use 16 beats loop).
So... let's suppose there is a track already playing in deck A, and we are going to play another one in the deck B (same BPM) as always...
If we gonna play this next track not exactly from the beggining, but yet from the first of a sequence of 16 beats, we can match it with also the 1st of the 16 beats on the track in deck A. Now we know that both songs are in same BPM, in sync and also 1st strog beat with 1st strog beat.
It is very easy to correct any mistake, if this next track is not playing from the beggining 'cause we can use the seek command to go forward or backward. But...
If this next track is playing exactly from the beggining, we just can't go backward, and because of it, sometimes we don't have much time to correct any mistake. Unless...
Now finnaly comes the suggestion:
When you hit a button for a loop, it also shows in the waveform, a kind of beating measurement. This way, we can see (with considerable time) at the right corner of the waveform, if everything is matched as it shold be. If not, we can correct at time to do the mixing.
I have made an image in photoshop to illustrate what i suggest.
Virtual DJ has a very nice particularity which is showing both waveforms overlapping each other and with this resource I suggest, i think it is going to attract more users.
I hope you guys get the point...
See the image:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/703/measuringloop.jpg

Thanks for reading!
Peace!
Marcelo.

geposted Tue 24 Jan 12 @ 1:12 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)