Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: 19 MXR by American Audio with VDJ Pro or LE - Product Review by DJ RuDe - Page: 2

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

chriso710 wrote :
Not happy that the slightest touch of the Gain controls greatly increases or reduces the main volume as did over the weekend . Reduced the gain very slight and Music dropped to the point had to turn it up full and then place got blasted. Could this explain why two of my Amp Mixers have blown this 7 days despite only being 14 months from new ?

I would advise any one to trial this in Store before buying. The Karaoke feature Delay isn't that great a sound more like singing in the bath rather than a crisp reverb.

geposted Mon 17 Mar 14 @ 3:41 pm
chriso710 wrote :
the slightest touch of the Gain controls greatly increases or reduces the main volume

Was that in mixer mode or controller mode? If the latter, maybe the gain needs a fake mapping (to prevent it being applied twice).

chriso710 wrote :
The Karaoke feature Delay isn't that great

What were you expecting on a £200 mixer?

geposted Mon 17 Mar 14 @ 4:04 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If the mixer is on Controller (MIDI) mode, then you should have VirtualDJ's Limiter enabled.
If the mixer is on Mixer (analogue) Mode, well, there is not much we can do.
Btw, in Mixer mode the mixer is mapped with fake_actions.

geposted Mon 17 Mar 14 @ 4:27 pm
Been using my 19MXR for about a year and a half now and haven't experienced any issues, it's been great. I don't use it for regular gigs only when I'm doing a karaoke show though I do "dance music" breaks at most of these so I do use it to mix. It's still a great tool for me at these shows...

DJ RuDe

Keep Spinnin'!!

geposted Tue 18 Mar 14 @ 2:58 pm
I know the contols can be remapped or deleted however this shouldn't be the case . I'm having an issue with the gain controls . When playing one slight brush of the hand or knock and the volume either decreases so much the volumes have to be pushed way up and then all of a sudden cut in to loud. Also my first impressions with the Delay on the Mics sounds like some one singing into tin cans. Any one else brought this mixer as its not doing it for me at the moment. I will be going back to my Numark usb and externel FX for Karaokes.

geposted Fri 21 Mar 14 @ 8:29 pm
What can I say about the MXR19 . Loving it now. Still issues with sound dipping or increasing with the Gain control if you just knock it however on the whole a cool unit.

geposted Sun 30 Mar 14 @ 9:05 pm
I've still never been able to get 4 deck mode to work. Ch 1 and 4 faders do nothing. I have VDJ 8.
Output: Headphones / ADJ ASIO / Out 1 & 2.
Soundcard: Decks 1-4 ADJ ASIO, Channel: Out 1&2, 3&4, 5&6, 7&8
Input: None

geposted Sun 22 Jun 14 @ 11:53 am
Hey guys, could you tell me if this would work with timecode/DVS while in controller mode? If I bouhgt it I would wish to map the mixer to control my software (mixvibes) and use it with timecode vinyl. From what I understand though, the phone inputs would be disabled and would not feed into the software for vinyl control, is this correct? If yes this would be a deal breaker for me...

Cheers :)

geposted Thu 04 Sep 14 @ 9:00 am
Mixvibes? You are aware this is the Virtual DJ forum?

Bear in mind that if you have an external hardware mixer and a pair of turntables, you have physical controls.

You don't need to "control the software". The audio is stopped and started from the turntables and the mixing is done on the hardware. All the software does is list the tracks and show the info about what's playing.

geposted Thu 04 Sep 14 @ 11:12 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

geposted Thu 04 Sep 14 @ 5:17 pm
Hi All,

I am needing some guidance on an issue that has arisen from my numark cue (virtual DJ 7.5) and my American Audio MXR19. I am not a techie by any means, and when initially got it after some time and a lot of sweat I managed to get them working together properly and just the way I wanted it. However, finish gig on Friday night fine, worked fine - come til Saturday night and BANG, the whole system decided to get the gremlins!!

Essentially, I feel it is down to the sound setup somewhere - I can't basically get it to come out of channel 3&4 - I have tried all the various settings. This was the original, but now will not work.

Input: None
Output: External Mixer - Deck 1: Chan 1&2 / Deck 2: Chan 3&4
Sound Card: VMS4 (this is what comes up after loading the software).

Any help will be gratefully received.

Thanks,

Sean.

geposted Sun 07 Sep 14 @ 8:39 am
I have looked on this forum as I'm having trouble getting started with my new 19mxr, its useful to know that just getting VDJ LE which I have done will not get me up and running as I need the Drivers!! I have used the link provided by dad but this doesn't work :(
I'm stuck, please help, I think older models had the CD but I have to download my stuff,, but where?
Its probably obvious lol

geposted Sat 01 Nov 14 @ 6:03 pm
wazzatron wrote :
I have looked on this forum as I'm having trouble getting started with my new 19mxr, its useful to know that just getting VDJ LE which I have done will not get me up and running as I need the Drivers!! I have used the link provided by dad but this doesn't work :(
I'm stuck, please help, I think older models had the CD but I have to download my stuff,, but where?
Its probably obvious lol

if you read through this it has links to what u need to get it working
http://www.virtualdj.com/documents/American%20Audio%2019MXR%20-%20VirtualDJ%208%20Operation%20Guide.pdf

geposted Sat 01 Nov 14 @ 6:23 pm
link no good

geposted Wed 07 Jan 15 @ 5:43 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
works fine here ....

geposted Thu 08 Jan 15 @ 12:20 am
Hi I'm new to digital karaoke. I have bought 19mxr mixer and using vdj pro 7 I have finally figured out how to use my headphones, deck, but I can't figure out how to get the mics to work. There is nothing coming out. I have plugged them in and no sound at all. Please help. I feel like I want to take it back to the shop!!

geposted Fri 23 Jan 15 @ 8:26 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
you have connected a pair of speakers directly to the mixer ?
mic gain is turned on ?
when you use the mic ... vu meter responding ?

geposted Fri 23 Jan 15 @ 8:39 am
This just arrived yesterday I have been messing with it for awhile now. I need the video output and all for connection to a projector so planned on using my full version of Numark Cue. I have no problem at all while using the VDJ LE that came with it however when I attempt to run Numark Cue or even VDJ Pro all the sudden the browsing and controller features do not seem to work. On LE all is great the second I open CUE or Pro I loose the browser and controller functionality from the board. Anyone else experience this problem when using another version of VDJ other than what the mixer came packed with? Thanks in advance :)

geposted Sat 31 Jan 15 @ 3:43 am
hawthornes26 wrote :
Hi I'm new to digital karaoke. I have bought 19mxr mixer and using vdj pro 7 I have finally figured out how to use my headphones, deck, but I can't figure out how to get the mics to work. There is nothing coming out. I have plugged them in and no sound at all. Please help. I feel like I want to take it back to the shop!!

Are you pressing down on the gain button on the mic channels to engage the mics?

geposted Sat 31 Jan 15 @ 4:00 am
I recently have purchased the American Audio 19 MXR mixer. I don't know if it's me or I might have got a lemon of a mixer I have had nothing but issues with it first of all sometimes when I turn on my equipment nothing seem to play. So I have to back out of Virtual DJ from my laptop and reboot it up it' also is a new laptop. Anyway after reloading the Virtual DJ everything seems to work so I think I can hear music in my headphones and see it playing on the laptop mixer but nothing coming out of the speakers on my number 3 channel. Knowing that 2-3 are for your MIDI I can play my cd's and my channel 2 but nothing out of 3 with only a USB cable connecting the mixer to the laptop. Has anyone else had any issues

geposted Wed 29 Apr 15 @ 10:04 pm
85%