Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Touch Sensitive Jogwheels - iCON iDJ

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi,
I have an iCON iDJ, and by now I've got it mapped to basically how I want it for now with help from synthet1c and phantomdeejay, but I have a question about the touch sensitive jogwheels that might apply to other controllers, or maybe even the driver.

The controller has a touch sensitive wheel, and as it stands on this computer, I need touch both wheels at once to enter the touch mode to use the wheels. I thought this was standard, but recently tried this controller on a friends laptop, and found that the touch mode could be entered by just touching one wheel, rather than both at the same time.

Has anyone experienced this with this controller or another? Why would it be by default different on this computer but not another? I was even using the same mapper/definition file on the other computer.

geposted Mon 18 Mar 13 @ 7:27 am
it is pretty hard to get the right message using key learn. you need to hold your finger on the jog, press key learn and then release without moving the jog lft or right...

once you have the correct message you need to map as follows if you don't have a definition file..

deck left touchwheel_touch
deck right touchwheel_touch

also remember that jog touch only works when the iDJ is in 'vinyl mode' and the actual jog is mapped as 'touchwheel' to function properly

geposted Mon 18 Mar 13 @ 9:19 am
well what's weird is that this is even separate to virtual dj, in that if i just have the controller on, i need to touch both wheels to make the LEDs turn red to be in touchmode, where as just plugging it into this other laptop, just touching one wheel turned just that deck's LED red and made it enter touchmode. that's how it's meant to be right? you shouldnt have to be touching both decks to put it into touchmode?

in terms of the defintion and mapping i think it's fine, because it responds to the correct deck once it's in the mode, it's just entering it.

geposted Mon 18 Mar 13 @ 6:12 pm
heres a pic of what i mean. this is how it is with or without virtual dj being open. top image is the only way i can activate the touch sensitive wheels, bottom pic is what happens if i'm only touching one of them:

http://i.imgur.com/iJ9ZwKM.png

geposted Mon 18 Mar 13 @ 10:08 pm
have you tried dialing up the touch sensitivity screw? maybe you are not grounding the circuit properly when you touch the sensor with just one hand. And no that is not the default behavior of any controller.

If that doesn't fix the issue you may need to return it to the manufacturer or ebay where you probably got it.

geposted Tue 19 Mar 13 @ 1:25 am
oh thats a screw? do you know if it needs a particular screwdriver or just anything thatll fit? looks like a bizarre shape

geposted Tue 19 Mar 13 @ 1:49 am
okay, i adjusted the touch sensitivity screw. worked perfectly for the right wheel, but the left one seems to either be not very sensitive or just always on. i guess its a hardware error. thanks for the advice man.

geposted Tue 19 Mar 13 @ 2:22 am
haven't used my idj in ages, but I used to turn the screw so it was always on then wind it back to the point when it turns off unless you touch the sensor. the sensor will need to be adjusted as it gets differing amounts of power depending if your laptop is plugged in or on battery.

geposted Tue 19 Mar 13 @ 2:27 am
Got the same problem.

I sent it back to Amazon.
The replacement unit jogwheels sensitivity was also defective.
What a joke...

I won't ever buy an Icon product again.

geposted Thu 24 May 18 @ 5:11 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)