Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DDJ-SX & DJ Trim 4-6 for Time Codes

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

OK. So we know now that The DDJ-SX can't do inputs for time code. So, I picked up a Hercules Trim 4-6 to give myself the inputs I need for VDJ to read. Are you with me so far?

I hooked everything up, made sure I had the latest drivers from Herc, and TRIED to set it up and here is the result:
Everything works EXCEPT for the input 3-4 from the Trim! I am using the Advanced Config to set it up and everything is setable except that the Input 3-4 drop down is not present. Just Input 1-2.

Now this is with the Pioneer in ASIO and the Trim in WDM. If I try to make the both ASIO I get an error.

So here is the setup that I have in advanced config:

Timecode 1 Hercules Trim 4-6 Input 1-2
Timecode 2 Hercules Trim 4-6 (only input 1-2 shows up, not input 3-4)
Master Pioneer DDJ-SX ASIO Output 1-2
Headphones Pioneer DDJ-SX ASIO Output 3-4

Every thing works except I have no time code for Deck 2, just Deck 1. Because it is not selectable.

I've tried it a bunch of ways but I can't get VDJ to be able to drop down Input 3-4.

Help...

-J

Oh, ver 7.4

geposted Fri 11 Oct 13 @ 2:33 pm
Simple - you can't use two different sound cards with ASIO.

Because you're not using the Trim in ASIO mode, the additional inputs are not available.

What you could do if you really must use time code (I don't see why if you've got a DDJ-SX, but hey) is use the Trim in ASIO mode for audio I/O and feed the Trim outputs into the analogue inputs of the SX - don't use the SX as a sound card.

geposted Sat 12 Oct 13 @ 12:15 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)