Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Cross Fader

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I been a Virtual Dj user since Virtual Dj 4 came out. Last year a bought a Numark Mixdeck Express with Virtual Dj LE. I was disappointed when i started to use the software with my mixdeck and the cross fader did not work. I later found out that Virtual D will not control cross fader on Mixdeck Express. As a Dj that is an important tool to have for mixing and scratching. Found out that Serato Dj was cheaper and worked perfectly with my Mixdeck Express. Why come VDJ does not? Would like to stay with VDJ but cant use it and mix properly without crossfader. Would like to see VDJ change that.

geposted Mon 04 Nov 13 @ 11:52 am
It doesn't even work with serato as the mixer doesn't even send any MIDI so it's impossible to control any software. The ONLY Mixdeck that will control the crossfader in VDJ is the Mixdeck Quad.

Sell the express and get the Quad if you want the crossfader to move on the screen as well.......

geposted Mon 04 Nov 13 @ 1:06 pm
The crossfader should work fine for mixing audio, but due to the fact that it has a real hardware audio mixer that's not MIDI capable, it can't be used for video crossfading. The MixDeck is designed as a stand-alone unit and is effectively two MIDI capable CD players and a non-MIDI capable real hardware audio mixer conveniently built into an all-in-one unit.

If you are a video DJ and need video crossfading capability, then your best option would be to sell it and buy a controller that does have MIDI mixer capabilities such as the MixDeck Quad above.

If you are not a video DJ, then MIDI mixer capability should not really be necessary. Audio mixing should work fine on the mixer, including the crossfader, providing that it has been configured correctly. You will just not see the controls moving on-screen, but you don't really need this (Simply look at the real knobs/sliders on the MixDeck to see where they are.)

NOTE: Make sure that you leave VirtualDJ's on-screen crossfader in the middle and it's volume sliders up, otherwise you will fade out the sound within VirtualDJ's internal software mixer before it reaches the hardware mixer of the MixDeck. As above, the mixer section is not MIDI capable and cannot control any DJ software.

geposted Mon 04 Nov 13 @ 1:39 pm
just bought mixdeck express newest version of vdj and the crossfaders will not work period at all both decks work fine but crossfaders and volume do not work as such you are saying that they work just not on screen for vdj

geposted Wed 16 Mar 16 @ 2:55 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
The Mixdeck Express doesn't send any MIDI information for it's mixer section, so there is no way for VDJ to know what position any of those controls are in.

It is a limitation of the hardware you are using.

geposted Thu 17 Mar 16 @ 2:33 am
The fact is - when you have a real mixer, there is no need for the virtual mixer in VDJ.

geposted Thu 17 Mar 16 @ 8:14 pm
Fellas,,so to get to the real point,, buy the new Mixdeck Quad and the cross faders will work with VDJ 8? * *** I have been searching for this answer like crazy,, its really a pain not being able to control everything***

geposted Fri 18 Mar 16 @ 11:42 pm
It doesn't matter which hardware you buy. The hardware will work.

Remember - when you have a hardware mixer, you don't need the software mixer. There's a REAL one in front of you!

geposted Sat 19 Mar 16 @ 2:07 pm
user9397479 wrote :
Fellas,,so to get to the real point,, buy the new Mixdeck Quad and the cross faders will work with VDJ 8? * *** I have been searching for this answer like crazy,, its really a pain not being able to control everything***

Yes the MixDeck Quad will control VDJ's faders.....

geposted Sat 19 Mar 16 @ 2:59 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)