Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Converting old skin XML to new

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

In my quest for skin knowledge, I am looking at reworking an old skin (designed for VDJ 5.1) to make it work in VDJ 8.

Some of the XML is not compatible with 8 and so certain functions of the skin don't work.

For example - there's a button which cycles between three panels, and each time a new panel is displayed, the 'up' image on the button changes.

In VDJ 8 this button doesn't work at all. It's not recognised as being something you can click.

EDIT: OK I've worked it out myself. Now for the rest of the skin....

geposted Tue 15 Jul 14 @ 10:27 am
New problem...

Some of the graphical displays don't work correctly.

In one case, the left display is OK but the right one has a transparency issue. In another, the left version has a different flaw to the right one.

In other cases, the graphics seem to be referencing the wrong part of the BMP - On the beat counter elements, instead of changing the graphics every beat, it seems to do a double time beat on the first count and display the wrong thing then the correct thing (in the space of one beat).

Some of it works OK in 7, but it's all screwy in 8.

Still no 8 skin SDK, and no reference that lists changes in code from version to version. Anyone want to assist? :-)

geposted Wed 16 Jul 14 @ 10:09 am
whay is the name of this skin?

geposted Wed 16 Jul 14 @ 11:09 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I like you groovin but if you distract Dan from writing that wiki I'll have to kill you.

geposted Wed 16 Jul 14 @ 12:11 pm
No, I'm not troubling Dan!

I've been asking FRUiT a few things, and I may try Babis (djdad) and/or George (PhantomDeejay) at some point - but I know Dan's got his new day job thing at the moment.

It's just odd, because the XML coordinates haven't changed. Neither have the positions of any graphics in the BMP. Despite this, there are some real weird things going on.

I may be able to sort some of it by using the same method as the beat counter at the top of the default 8 skin uses - but I'm more curious about why these things are happening.

geposted Wed 16 Jul 14 @ 1:31 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
You should begin by converting the bmp to png.

Some graphics may now have a 'up' or a 'off' beacon, maybe you could play with those new things.

Also, try to edge some groups of controls with some <deck deck="left"></deck> beacons.

Sorry I know that are just few clues but I can't really try now :(

geposted Wed 16 Jul 14 @ 1:43 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)