Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Addons

Topic: Focus - Page: 3
Could you check for me that Milkdrop8 1.3 works correctly. It used to for me up until it was updated to 1.3. 1.3 causes a strobing effect and I wondered if it was skin related?
I had ask some time ago on the comments page of milkdrop8 about an update but have had no reply. Thanks.

geposted Wed 05 Aug 15 @ 1:39 pm
No not skin related, you just need to drop your video fps to 30

geposted Wed 05 Aug 15 @ 1:56 pm
Thanks for that, I was set at 60, not strobing now.

geposted Wed 05 Aug 15 @ 3:11 pm
Hi, just wondering if its possible to change the pitch control slider to show the actual pitch rather than what the controller's pitch is set at? I loads of very quick video mashups and this is the only thing thats stopping me from using this skin on the road.. Many thanks for a great skin so far :D

geposted Thu 13 Aug 15 @ 10:17 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
i guess you need to see the original BPM value of the track, right ?

geposted Thu 13 Aug 15 @ 11:04 pm
@djdad ....thanks so much for this skin - it's great!....i have 'retired' your 'DDJ-SX PADS' skin (which I had modified to suit my needs) for this one . But this is a real winner! It got all the controls and info (both audio and video) that I need in one view (plus bigger video screens!) and can be easily turned on and off. Wow! Should have found this earlier before, ha! I just noticed it yesterday and installed it, played around with it and, whoa! Love it, man! Thanks again!

geposted Thu 20 Aug 15 @ 7:13 pm
Excelente Skin muy funcional 100% recomendable ¡¡ Felicidades!!

geposted Sun 03 Jan 16 @ 9:39 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
If automix is active, the PFL button is not switching (visually) if you press the TAB key on the keyboard. The rhythmwave switches the waves though. So it is just an optical thing.
If automix is disabled all is good.

geposted Thu 07 Jan 16 @ 11:20 am
Its not a skin bug. Its a software bug actually.

geposted Fri 08 Jan 16 @ 12:01 am
Thanks DJDAD. I really love this skin it works like a legend for me.

I have a couple of minor issues I hope you have a way around these or could recommend something. The pitch faders mimic what the controller is set to and not the actual setting of the dec this i found only when loading a song on a dec with bpm locked.

Also the video transitions and plugin boxes need a back button as i find it takes far to long if you are clicking forward and go pasgt the effect you want.

Lastly I see you have no plans to add and more decs is there a way i can load two extra decs to skin just for music, not video. I find i was using the four decks to load songs for when i do mobile gigs and needed to play walk up songs for speeches and such, this would be a great help.

Thank you and keep up the GREAT work.

geposted Sun 24 Apr 16 @ 1:05 am
Since v8.2 the skin does not show the main video output in the preview window anymore (the one in the middle of the skin).

Are you going to update the skin? Even without the pads section?
Or could you tell me what I need to change to get the preview video back?

geposted Mon 11 Jul 16 @ 8:47 am
shows up fine here.
You have the latest version 2, right ?

geposted Mon 11 Jul 16 @ 4:21 pm
This skin is by design one of the simplest and suits video djs who use a controller. To add extra things like pads would defeat the purpose of the design, if you have a controller with pads you dont need them onscreen. If you dont, there afe already some good skins that feature pads already :)

geposted Mon 11 Jul 16 @ 5:31 pm
marksmolinski wrote :
if you have a controller with pads you dont need them onscreen

Actually you do!

I initially thought as you did, but if you think about it, the skin pads display some important info that the physical pads can't/don't.

When using samples, the sample names are displayed on the skin pads. When using other functions, the skin pads also display numbers for beat divisions, cue points and so on. Those things are not visible on the controller pads.

Maybe one day there will be controllers which have displays in/on/under the pads, but for now, the info needs to be displayed on the skin.

geposted Mon 11 Jul 16 @ 5:49 pm
THen maybe rather than having to draw out 8 pads on screen, the focus skin could be toggled where the cue markers show their info to show pads info there??

geposted Mon 11 Jul 16 @ 7:31 pm
weird..
I also see some graphics on the right deck, but the loading msg is also there.. so is deck 2 loaded ?

Really cant think of something.. Is it OK with the default or other skins ?

Also try to clean the persistent values from the settings.xml (those are stored in the <customButtons> line) in case something went wrong with any of them.

geposted Tue 12 Jul 16 @ 8:45 pm
instead of delete settings for custom buttons, id recommend tempory move settings.xml from the documents\vitualdj directory (while vdj is closed) then open vdj
This will force vdj to create a new default settings.xml
if it fixes your video issue its a step foreword

geposted Tue 12 Jul 16 @ 10:51 pm
Will try with clean settings later.

It is only happening with the Focus skin. All other Skins (Default, silversleek 3 and orange juice) are working fine.

Deck 2 is empty. It is the slideshow plugin running some visualisations for audio-only files.

geposted Wed 13 Jul 16 @ 9:50 am
Okay, it is a setting that is causing the issue.
It is not the customButton setting.
I renamed my settings.xml and started over with a clean one.
Now I'm trying to figure out which setting it is.

geposted Fri 15 Jul 16 @ 5:47 pm
Would love a pads panel similar to the screen options panel please.

geposted Mon 25 Jul 16 @ 11:01 am
61%