Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: help with VARs

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I think ive mentioned before that i wanna be able to adjust the aspect ratio of the video out, and ive made a custom button to 'cycle' through the 3 settings (with DJ Dan's help too)

but i wanna take this a step further and automate this using hidden cues on a per track basis.
as i dj in different venues and they have a variety of screens some venues widescreen some not, im looking at setting a variable to determine whether im using widescreen or older screens.. (perhaps called WS$) with a button on the skin to set this..

THEN the script with the hidden cue would read WS$ and set the output to match the music video?

If you're still with me on this then please help.
I need to know a bit more about the variables system and whether i can have a button on skin to toggle between 2 values AND whether a script can be put in a hidden cue to read this.
Beyond this i can figure out which videos will need which of the 3 output toggles and set the latter part of the script.

geposted Sun 04 Jan 15 @ 6:51 pm
It's quite simple:
Use a custom button on the skin and set it's code to: toggle '$WScreen'
Then on your tracks you can use POI editor and assign action point(s) as following: var '$WScreen' ? this : that
Please note that for action point(s) to fire they must be hit by the playing needle first.
In other words if you set an action POI before your load point, or on a part that you may skip before playing the file, it WON'T work.

geposted Mon 05 Jan 15 @ 7:42 am
Ye ill set the hidden cue after the start cue that way it'll always trigger.. Many thanks 😊

geposted Mon 05 Jan 15 @ 7:46 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)